New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Group Email Issue

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Vinny Vegas

Vinny Vegas is on a distinguished road

I'm hoping someone can solve this issue...

I've created multiple group emails & until recently haven't had any problems just double clicking group & all addresses pop into the TO field.

Now, when I double click the group only 1 email address w/in that group pops in??? WTF!!!

My work around is to go into group box of all email addy's do a select all & then double click group.

This occurs for all groups I have created which leads me to believe I've accidentally made some sort of setting change??

I have not being able to just click the group name & all addresses w/in that group pop in.

Please help.

Thx in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
VegasGeorge

VegasGeorge is a jewel in the roughVegasGeorge is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac, and Macbook Pro

Sure, I can help with that question.

Use your Address Book, not Mail. Just open Address Book, select the group you want to send to, right click on it, and choose "Send email to (name of group)." A New Message will be created addressed to all members of the group you selected.

Easy, eh?
QUOTE Thanks
salmar

salmar is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 20" alum iMac 2.4 3 gigs ram

I have a similar problem since I upgraded to snow leopard. When composing mail I click on address book and I click on my "group" email. The problem is that the first name in the group is highlighted and when I double click on the group only the first name in the address book gets sent to the BCC line. It wasn't this way before snow leopard, where I would just double click on my bcc and it would go into the bcc line. Now only that first name which is highlighted (I don't know why it's highlighted) goes into the bcc column. My work around is to highlight all the names in my group list and then click on bcc and it works that way.

20" alum iMac 2.4 3 gigs ram
Lake Geneva, Fl
QUOTE Thanks
skybolt

skybolt has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: White 2010 MB, Core 2 Duo, 8g RAM, iPhone 4S, iPad Mini, Apple TV

With a new mail message open, in the TO box, just start typing the name of the group -- "Friends" or "Family" or whatever the name of the group is. Should fill in all names in that group. See if that works better.

Mary
QUOTE Thanks
salmar

salmar is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 20" alum iMac 2.4 3 gigs ram

Hi Mary, just tried your suggestion and it worked very well. I typed "group" into the bcc field and it filled in all the names in the group. Thanks...

20" alum iMac 2.4 3 gigs ram
Lake Geneva, Fl
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Book question | Is MacSaber, and Smackbook fix'd for snow lep yet? anyone know? :( »