New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

eMac upgrade

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kris.rhys

kris.rhys is on a distinguished road

Im so pleased with my-self, i've upgraded my eMacs hard drive,ram,optical drive and reinstalled os x all with out problem it's the first time i've ever taken apart a mac i've always worked with pc's i'm so happy i managed to do it with out actually braking it

Kris
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4

Ahh you are a clever devil. It is a joy isn't it to undertake upgrades and all goes well.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Good job!

Sounds like you avoided one of the common errors folks make when taking apart an eMac for the first time...which is forgetting to disconnect the wire to the power button before completely removing the rear housing.

Congrats again on the successful upgrades,

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
kris.rhys

I'm shocked how much faster the system runs runs rings around my dell

Kris
QUOTE Thanks
Sulphur man

Sulphur man is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 15" Unibody 2.4

Hi there

Can I ask what sort of performance you are getting when using 'Flash' content?

I have just purchased an eMac for my daughter that is identical in spec to yours but for the HD which is the original (I presume) 40 Gig.

It is running Leopard, with all updates to 10.5.8, and everything works really well except flash video and flash games, which are dreadfully slow. It's so disappointing, as it was a birthday present and has replaced a PC!

I'm hoping it's not going to put her off having a mac. My son has a MacBook which plays flash fine, and my MBP does too. The idea was to introduce her to being on a mac with mobileme features etc.

I did download a program called 'YouView' which plays youtube vids perfectly in the H.264 (I think..) format, so I know this computer has the power to play video while streaming it from the web. The interface in that program is quite different from the youtube browser style though, and flash games and such are still a big issue.

Thanks in advance,
Steve
QUOTE Thanks
mbohn

mbohn will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris.rhys View Post
Im so pleased with my-self...
and well you should be. When the time comes I hope I'm that lucky (skilled?).

www.dynostep.com
engine simulation software
QUOTE Thanks
kris.rhys

flash seems to run fine i'm still running 10.4.11 atm need to get myself a copy of 10.5 soon..I would say it was more luck than skill LOL after putting everything back together i had 6 screws left OPPS

Kris
QUOTE Thanks
Leonardo

Leonardo is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: eMac OS X 10.4.11 1.25GB RAM 40GB original hard drive,

Good for you. I am trying to upgrade my eMac as-well... Did you replace the original hard drive or are you using an external one?
QUOTE Thanks
kris.rhys

i replaced the internal hard drive it's not as hard as it might look PM me you're email address and i can send you the take apart guide witch gives you detaild steps on how to take it aprart.

Kris
QUOTE Thanks
mbohn

mbohn will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris.rhys View Post
flash seems to run fine i'm still running 10.4.11 atm need to get myself a copy of 10.5 soon..I would say it was more luck than skill LOL after putting everything back together i had 6 screws left OPPS
That's why I've always liked working on expensive equipment. When you are finished you've got some leftover parts that are worth a lot.
QUOTE Thanks
kris.rhys

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbohn View Post
That's why I've always liked working on expensive equipment. When you are finished you've got some leftover parts that are worth a lot.
lol i've no idea how i had screws left everything was screwed in heehee

Kris
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Snow Leopard and SanDisk | Headphones don't work »