New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Uninstaling Softwares

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

krishnadassls

krishnadassls is on a distinguished road

Hi Can Anyone Tell Me As How To Uninstall A Software On The Mac.
Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

If it came with an uninstaller, use that to uninstall the application. If it did not come with one, you can simply drag it to the Trash.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Personal Twitter
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Once in the trash, empty the trash. The app is then uninstalled.

There will be some random prefs files left, but they will have no negative impact on the system other than a small amount of used space.

Remember, this isn't Windows...

QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

If you really want to get rid of the extra little files left on your machine that baggss has mentioned, you can use something like AppCleaner to do this.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Personal Twitter
QUOTE Thanks
I_LOVE_MY_MAC

I_LOVE_MY_MAC can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
If you really want to get rid of the extra little files left on your machine that baggss has mentioned, you can use something like AppCleaner to do this.
Neat app.I might dl it just in case I ever need to un-install something.But Ever since I got my replacement mac I have been careful of what I download.I dont even worry about clearing cache or fixing permissions or anything.Since I never knew what they did! Now Im just living stressssss free...I might make a thread though to ask what to do for maintain every few month's.
QUOTE Thanks
vaiman

vaiman is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2.26GHz 8-Core

I have installed CleanApp.
Great utility for removing apps. You can either remove the app or select remove and archive. So if you balls it up like I did lol you can simply select Archive and restore. Cool.
And it saved me lots of space removing hundreds of unwanted language files.
Its here if fancy Synium
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« HELP space disappeared from my external HD :( | double space in pages »