New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Numbers

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

billinden

billinden is on a distinguished road

New MACer here. I have worked in Excel for years and am just now trying out Numbers for a very simple, but important spreadsheet. After about four hours I have decided that I need to find a way to install Excel on my iMAC I have average intelligence but I'm really am having trouble adjusting and getting what I want. Am I giving up too easily? Anyone have this trouble? In my opinion Excel is about the only thing Microsoft did right, but I'm willing to give Numbers a chance. Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

I like numbers, but it's different and it doesn't do some things as well as excel. Fortunately excel is easy to install, get the mac version and install it

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
Davanw

Davanw is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MBP

Try OpenOffice and see if it gives you what you need.

OpenOffice.org - The Free and Open Productivity Suite
QUOTE Thanks
billinden

Thanks to both of you. Have a great day.
QUOTE Thanks
verdejt

verdejt will become famous soon enough

Try Thinkfree. ThinkFree Online
I use this app in addition to numbers. My work and my wife's work use Excel and yes there are some things that are just plain easier on Excel. But Thinkfree is truly great and totally compatible with Office up to 2007, plus you can upload your docs to your own personal storage space so that they are available anytime anywhere.

iMac 20"
iPod 5th Gen
iPod Touch 4g
QUOTE Thanks
Mac In School

Mac In School is on a distinguished road

What are you trying to do that you're having trouble with?
QUOTE Thanks
billinden

Sorry for the delay. Your post was never sent to my e-mail address and I didn't check back for more replies. My problem was basically that I was used to Excel's user friendliness and Numbers is a whole new ballgame for me. I was in a hurry to recreate some spreadsheets and needed something as easy to work with as Excel. I found it with Open Office. I do appreciate your interest though. I will try Numbers again when I have more time. Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
Collin Bl

Collin Bl is a jewel in the roughCollin Bl is a jewel in the roughCollin Bl is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 27 iMac i5, MBP 13 & iMac 20, 2TB dual TC, AppleTV, iPh4S

Well if u are going back to it make sure you have the latest as new features have been added with each version.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Parallels problems with Snow Leopard | Safari »