Specs:
    13.3" MBP
    screen in Windows (via bootcamp) is totally black
    I am a bit confused, Bootcamp worked fine for weeks but now 48 hours before I am to use a windows application (reflex flight simulator) on my 13" MBP before a crowd of guests the screen in bootcamp is totally black.

Using Fusion it is fine, in XP safe mode it it ok but when I log into Xp it is totally black. I have had a look at the internet but there is no help there so over to you.

TIA

Specs:
    MBP - 15in, 2.66ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GPU, 320gb HDD
    Quote Originally Posted by toho View Post
    I am a bit confused, Bootcamp worked fine for weeks but now 48 hours before I am to use a windows application (reflex flight simulator) on my 13" MBP before a crowd of guests the screen in bootcamp is totally black.

Using Fusion it is fine, in XP safe mode it it ok but when I log into Xp it is totally black. I have had a look at the internet but there is no help there so over to you.

TIA
    If you're able to boot in safe mode try uninstalling the program, and then rebooting normally. If that doesn't work, run chkdsk.exe in command prompt of safe mode and see if windows can repair itself. Unfortunately, if this doesn't work then you will most likely need to reinstall the operating system. If that is the case i would personally reformat your bootcamp partition and then reinstall xp/vista/ what-have-you

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Sierra
    Quote Originally Posted by toho View Post

Using Fusion it is fine, in XP safe mode it it ok but when I log into Xp it is totally black. I have had a look at the internet but there is no help there so over to you.TIA
    If Windows will boot OK in safe mode, but the screen is black in normal mode, that's an indication of a graphics driver problem or improper screen resolution. Windows may be driving your monitor at an incorrect resolution....

From safe mode: Open the display properties and check to see what screen resolution it's using. Make sure the resolution and refresh is within limits for your machine. Also make sure you have the latest Windows graphics driver for your GPU.

Regards.

Specs:
    13.3" MBP
    Thanks for your suggestions folks, I am quite sure that it is a driver issue as when I use Fusion and its own SVGAII driver it works fine so I am guessing that the issue lies with the Bootcamp Geforce 9400 driver. I was really hoping that someone had experienced this problem and had a really easy solution.

Cheers all

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Sierra
    Have you gone to the nVidia site and downloaded the latest drivers for the GeForce 9400? And don't forget, you'll need to install them while in safe mode.

Regards.

Specs:
    13.3" MBP
    Thanks chscag, I deleted the driver in safe-mode and then reinstalled the one from the Snow Leopard disc and all is working well.

Thread Information