cut and snip song
    hi i downloaded this song off youtube its in mp3 format no problems. After the song finishes there is no audio and keeps going. so i can be clearer the song finishes at 3:48 but it doesn't stop playing until 4:08 all i want to do is get rid of that gap between 3:48 and 4:08 so then once the song is done playing i dont have to wait till it reaches 4:08. so i want to know is there a program already installed on macbook pro that could help me edit it? like i literally just want to cut that gap then save it and be done with it. or do i have to download a program? if so can you direct me to a free program. sorry if this sounds to confusing or to easy for me to be asking. if it helps to find a program for me im running snow leopard

I know what you mean. I've got one of those on my iPod and it seems to be playing dead air for a minute or so when I can't get at the controls. Running or skiing or whatever.

Specs:
    MBP - 15in, 2.66ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GPU, 320gb HDD
    Quote Originally Posted by rockmetalr View Post
    hi i downloaded this song off youtube its in mp3 format no problems. After the song finishes there is no audio and keeps going. so i can be clearer the song finishes at 3:48 but it doesn't stop playing until 4:08 all i want to do is get rid of that gap between 3:48 and 4:08 so then once the song is done playing i dont have to wait till it reaches 4:08. so i want to know is there a program already installed on macbook pro that could help me edit it? like i literally just want to cut that gap then save it and be done with it. or do i have to download a program? if so can you direct me to a free program. sorry if this sounds to confusing or to easy for me to be asking. if it helps to find a program for me im running snow leopard
    Although there is no pre-installed audio editing software on Macs there is a program called Audacity, that is very simple to use and fairly powerful. You can download it at either audacity(dot)com, or my favorite filehippo(dot)com

Specs:
    15" MBP
    I downloaded a free app to do just this. I don't recall where I got it, but the package is called "MP3 Trimmer.dmg"

Maybe search for that. It's very basic and simple, free, and does the job perfectly!

Specs:
    21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
    Audacity is great for trimming, adding fades, reducing noise and all kinds of other stuff, and it's free.

Specs:
    2008 15" MBP Yosemite, 2012 21.5" iMac Yosemite
    Garageband will work in a pinch, too.
    That's what I use to create mp3 ringtones for my BB Pearl. I don't like downloading a lot of 3rd part apps if I can help it cause I'm a bit of a "neat freak" when it comes to the content of my Mac.

Specs:
    Custom PC
    You can clip it in iTunes. Just go into "Get Info" on the track you want to clip, then:

- Select the "Options" tab
    - Place a check in the box beside Start Time
    - Place a check in the box beside Stop Time
    - Click Okay

Now right-click (control + click) the track you just edited, then click "Create MP3 version"

This will make a new copy of the original track, but in MP3 version, clipped to the length you want it to be.

**Note** "Create XYZ version" might be set to AAC (which is the iTunes default for importing), or the like if you haven't selected MP3 for your import settings in iTunes. Just go into the iTunes preferences and change the import settings to MP3 under the General tab.

Specs:
    13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
    "No audio editing software" - what the #@$% are you talking about? GarageBand is on there. It is a ridiculously well equipped audio editing program. Open GB - drag the file from finder into GB... select the track. click the scissors looking button at the bottom of the interface. This will open up an editing part along the bottom. Select the track that you have dragged the MP3 into. In that new editing section, select (by clicking and dragging) the audio that represents the silence you want to get rid of (should be the part with no wave shapes). Hit delete. Then scroll to the end of the track in the main part of GB. Along the top of the interface (all of GB, not just the editing section), drag the purple triangle to the spot where your audio track ends. Go to "share" along the menu bar. Click export to itunes.

Voila.

PS - if you have any doubt as to the capacity of GB to edit audio in a professional manner, check out Darkest Ritual - ReverbNation - that's all done in GB by me.

Specs:
    iMac 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OSX 10.6, 1TB Storage
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkestRitual View Post
    "No audio editing software" - what the #@$% are you talking about? GarageBand is on there. It is a ridiculously well equipped audio editing program. .......

Thank you!

Can't get the GB method to work. When I try to drag my song from iTunes folder to GB, nothing happens.

Is that because I bought the song from the iTunes store?

Thread Information