New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Since I installed SL I am having problems with Word 2008

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dserban

dserban is on a distinguished road

The interesting thing is, that I have two computers but I have problems with Word crashing only on one.

I search everywhere and so far I:
Deleted the word.plist
Replace Normal.dot
Check fonts
Reinstalled SL

None of these had any effect.
It still crashing.
Any ideas or solutions?
Thank you.
The Office is fully updated.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Are you getting any error messages? Are you doing anything in particular when it crashes?

In your list, you haven't mentioned reinstalling Office. Have you tried this?

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

You seemed to have done everything but reinstall Office 2008. Use the Office 2008 uninstaller app to completely remove Office and then reinstall. Be sure to download all the updates and service packs after reinstalling. The uninstaller will not remove any documents or custom templates that you may have but I would back them up anyway.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
dserban

dserban is on a distinguished road

It is true, I did not reinstall Office. On my searches, someone posted that it did not do anything but I will give it a try.
Each time when it crashes there is a message to be sent sometimes to Microsoft, other times to Apple.
The crashes do not have a pattern.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

You can turn off those crash reports to Apple and Microsoft. They probably don't read them anyway. At least with MS, there's too many to read.

You might also want to go to the Microsoft Office for Mac user forums and ask questions there or just read and search. Very knowledgeable folks there are always ready to help. Here's the link.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« mac: msn msger disconnects frequently | iTunes Audio Book »