New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

I was blind...and now I can see!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

FiosFiend

FiosFiend is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 15" 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo

After 25 years of windows woes I finally pulled the trigger on a Mac. I got the 15" 2.8Ghz Macbook Pro with the anti glare screen. I was expecting a long learning curve and was computing along with no problems after about 20 min. I now understand why Mac users speak so passionately about their computers. Finally a computer that works the way I expect it to. Every thing makes sense and I had no problems with anything including hooking it up to my wireless network or moving files from my windows machine to the Mac. So far I haven't found anything I could do on the windows machine that I can't do better on the Mac. I'll never spend another penny of my money on a windows based machine again.
QUOTE Thanks
S.SubZero

S.SubZero is a jewel in the roughS.SubZero is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiosFiend View Post
So far I haven't found anything I could do on the windows machine that I can't do better on the Mac.
I'm glad that for your specific needs the Mac has turned out to be a good platform.

What kinds of things are you doing with your Mac?
QUOTE Thanks
Mac SK

Mac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
After 25 years of windows woes I finally pulled the trigger on a Mac. I got the 15" 2.8Ghz Macbook Pro with the anti glare screen. I was expecting a long learning curve and was computing along with no problems after about 20 min. I now understand why Mac users speak so passionately about their computers. Finally a computer that works the way I expect it to. Every thing makes sense and I had no problems with anything including hooking it up to my wireless network or moving files from my windows machine to the Mac. So far I haven't found anything I could do on the windows machine that I can't do better on the Mac. I'll never spend another penny of my money on a windows based machine again.
In a few days you will notice something you never new could happen...No more fighting spies and virus's.
QUOTE Thanks
hari.p

hari.p is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 13"

i feel exactly like you my friend.. i was also in the same boat for the last 20 years....
QUOTE Thanks
DarkestRitual

DarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really nice
Mac Specs: 13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac

I consider myself spoiled. I've always been a mac user. I mean, the classic OSes were no picnic, but they were still cutting edge and what the Windows GUI was based upon... and still no viruses or spyware... but now, my god. OS X to Windows? No contest. OS X smokes it in all imaginable ways.
QUOTE Thanks
mikekan

mikekan is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Mac Pro: 2 x Quad Core Xeon 3.0, 8 Gb RAM, 4TB Storage, 8800 GT

Welcome on board!
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Amazing grace....so...oh I thought we were sing thing. >_>" Welcome aboard. ^-^
QUOTE Thanks
FiosFiend

FiosFiend is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 15" 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.SubZero View Post
I'm glad that for your specific needs the Mac has turned out to be a good platform.

What kinds of things are you doing with your Mac?
I do a lot of photo work. I also use it for streaming netflix movies, beautiful screen by the way, and I actually do some gaming, World of Warcraft which runs amazing on this computer. Don't let any one tell you that you can't game on a mac.
QUOTE Thanks
PapaNoHair

PapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nice

Welcome to Mac and this forum!
QUOTE Thanks
walkerj

walkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nice
Mac Specs: 13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive

Nothing more to be said other than 'yeah, it's like that'.

I'm moving from one part of the country to another in a few days, and it's nice to be able to toss all the legacy Wintel computers I've collected over the [bad] years and just take my Macbook Pro, my wife's Macbook, our Mac Mini, and start all fresh with my now comfortable OS and slick hardware. So yes, welcome aboard and you're going to enjoy the ride.
QUOTE Thanks
Sur3Mac

Sur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Late 2011 MBP 13" i5/16GB RAM,Early 2007 MB white 13", 2x TV 3rd Gen, ᣦ

To the O.P:

Soon, everybody will speak 'Mac'!!

You're gonna have to do something about your avatar though
That's number 3 I believe...hehe

QUOTE Thanks
r.d

r.d is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" unibody Macbook 2ghz 160gb,iPhone 5 16gb

Quote:
snap,bought a 13" macbook a month ago after years of windows disease.great machine..fantastic in fact...long live the MAC
QUOTE Thanks
S.SubZero

S.SubZero is a jewel in the roughS.SubZero is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I do a lot of photo work. I also use it for streaming netflix movies, beautiful screen by the way, and I actually do some gaming, World of Warcraft which runs amazing on this computer. Don't let any one tell you that you can't game on a mac.
Photo work is a very Mac-friendly genre, since many of the apps have been around on the Mac for years and years.

Gaming on a Mac isn't impossible. The graphics hardware isn't very stellar, the highest video chipset available for the MacBook Pro is the 9600M GT, which by PC laptop standards is mediocre. My PC laptop's 8800M GTX absolutely destroys it. The form of the MacBook Pro requires them to keep on a more timid side of things for performance though (the 8800M GTX is neither small nor quiet).
QUOTE Thanks
rippingviper

rippingviper is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Air 13" , 21.5" iMac i5, White iPhone 4s 32gig, iPad 3 white 16 gig, i5 Mac Mini

Welcome to the forums and to using macs!
QUOTE Thanks
AnthonyM1987

AnthonyM1987 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OSX 10.6, 1TB Storage

Make sure you talk down to Windows users. They absolutely LOVE when Mac people are snobby about it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New macbook pro user here | New 13" MBP or Unibody MB? »