New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Safari 4

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

soulfire363

soulfire363 is on a distinguished road

I downloaded the newest upgrade for itunes and cannot access the itunes store now due to not having the newest upgrade for safari. Is there a a way around this or a downloadable version for my model I have a MacOS 10.5.5
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

What kind of error are you receiving? Some folks already have the latest Safari 4.03 installed and are still getting an error when trying to access the new iTunes 9.0 store. See the following Link

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
soulfire363

how do you open the itunes store via firefox instead of safari?
QUOTE Thanks
zacharace

zacharace is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: alMB, 2.0C2D, 2GB, 500GB, SD, etc

The iTunes Store is built into iTunes; you don't access it from a browser. Safari 4.03 is required because iTunes uses it as something of a framework for accessing the Store within iTunes (if that makes sense). You can still use iTunes, but the Store won't work unless Safari 4.03 is installed. Just go to Apple menu-->"About this Mac"-->"Software Update" and it should work.
Hope this helps.
QUOTE Thanks
soulfire363

I appriciate the help but i can't find a downloadable version. I'm using a macbook pro OS X 10.5.5 standard operating system that came with it.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

You can get Safari 4.0.3 through Software Update (as explained by zacharace). along with other security updates/patches that you should really have installed. For instance, the most current version of 10.5 is 10.5.8 which you should update to so you are patched up.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
DarkestRitual

DarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really nice
Mac Specs: 13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac

I'm going to go ahead and second van smith's recommendation. Install your freaking updates unless you have like, a 56k internet connection... which with a macbook you can't because you don't have a built in modem, or are stealing wireless from the hotel across the street or something.

Another thing... how did you manage to update itunes but not get all your other software updates? Did you somehow turn off automatic software update checks? I tried to do that on my eMac when I installed Leopard, but it wouldn't let me. Have you just been hitting ignore? Install that crap. Updates are always good. Especially when they're FREE. It's not like Windows here... our updates are good and actually make sense and do good things. And they're free.
QUOTE Thanks
AnthonyM1987

AnthonyM1987 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OSX 10.6, 1TB Storage

Can you go to apple.com and hit downloads and manually download Safari 4?
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyM1987 View Post
Can you go to apple.com and hit downloads and manually download Safari 4?
Yes you can.
Here's the link.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« A Mac almost sells itself. | View pictures as thumbnails »