New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

 
Start a Discussion
 

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Moving Outlook2000 emails and contacts over...


Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

 
Thread Tools
Judestone

 
Member Since: Jan 11, 2005
Posts: 29
Judestone is on a distinguished road

Judestone is offline
Hi,

Firstly, thanks for answering all my questions, while I was deciding. My Mac Mini was delivered yesterday, and I think I now truly know what it is to love...

I've set everything up, but in trying to export/import my Outlook 2000 e-mails and contacts, I can't seem to find a way of exporting in a way that is compatable to import into Mail/Address book

Can anybody help me?
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

 
Macman's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 30, 2004
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 4,374
Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

Macman is offline
when you first open mail and the setup screens come up, t asks if you'd like to import mail/addresses/accounts from another mail app, just select the app you want and it should work fine. or in mail, choose File>Import mailboxes, and follow the instructions, I believe you have to have outlook open when you do this, but don't quote me.
QUOTE Thanks
Judestone

 
Member Since: Jan 11, 2005
Posts: 29
Judestone is on a distinguished road

Judestone is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macman
when you first open mail and the setup screens come up, t asks if you'd like to import mail/addresses/accounts from another mail app, just select the app you want and it should work fine. or in mail, choose File>Import mailboxes, and follow the instructions, I believe you have to have outlook open when you do this, but don't quote me.
Thanks for the reply...

I tried that, but doesn't work as it only pulls from Outlook Express, not Outlook 2000, completely different programs in that respect.

Jude
QUOTE Thanks
dan828

 
dan828's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 12, 2005
Location: Ceres, Ca
Posts: 670
dan828 is a jewel in the roughdan828 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iPad 32 GB 3G

dan828 is offline
Well, if you can grab them from outlook express, why not open express and import all of your messages and contacts from outlook into that, then pull everything over into mail?
QUOTE Thanks
Judestone

 
Member Since: Jan 11, 2005
Posts: 29
Judestone is on a distinguished road

Judestone is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan828
Well, if you can grab them from outlook express, why not open express and import all of your messages and contacts from outlook into that, then pull everything over into mail?
Good thinking!!

I've pulled my mail store from outlook express (on windows machine) onto a usb flash drive... but when coming to import into mail, it wants to open outlook express on my mac first in order to do so... and i don't have it!? Is there a mac version i should download in order to that? Can't find a way just to pull the stuff direct from the mail store..

Jude
QUOTE Thanks
dan828

 
dan828's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 12, 2005
Location: Ceres, Ca
Posts: 670
dan828 is a jewel in the roughdan828 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iPad 32 GB 3G

dan828 is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judestone
Good thinking!!

I've pulled my mail store from outlook express (on windows machine) onto a usb flash drive... but when coming to import into mail, it wants to open outlook express on my mac first in order to do so... and i don't have it!? Is there a mac version i should download in order to that? Can't find a way just to pull the stuff direct from the mail store..

Jude
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/otherpr...outlookexpress

I guess you can install that, import from your flash drive, then import from that into mail. I've never done this, but it sounds like it should work.

Let us know if it works.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe


« Wireless connection | Windows on a removable drive....... »
Thread Tools

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
X

Welcome to Mac-Forums.com

Create your username to jump into the discussion!

New members like you have made this community the ultimate source for your Mac since 2003!


(4 digit year)

Already a member?