New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

3com airconnect wireless lan pc card and ipaq 3850

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Shadeowwolfe

Shadeowwolfe is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac power PC G3, 512mb 500Mhz

here is the deal, i was suckered and hosed when i was told about the imac g3 (i see this now, yeah me ), i have two pocket pc's (a dell axim x5, and a ipaq 3850, with portable keyboard and wifi card). I have tried everything to install the 3com wifi driver to the ppc, i have tried vmware, parallel, pocketmac, the missing sync, wine, juicer...i cannot get dishing out the coin for more programs that do not work. So i am wondering if anyone has a ipaq 3850 on a imac, or if they know where i can grab at least the cab file for the driver, then i can transfer it over to the ipaq? I conacted the guy who sold it with the a "30 day warranty" here in town, it may have warranty, but that is it. another week of sleepless nights trying to get the wifi cab file (at least) and i am going to show this imac how to boot from my second story window. i tried to sync with entourage with both dell and ipaq, neither worked. (*sigh*). so i i am thinking a hasty retreat to a m$ machine andout of the mac world is in order. If you know where i can get said driver file, that would be most awesome and thanks in advance for it.
QUOTE Thanks
Mac SK

Mac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the rough

If you did a google search and found nothing theres nothing. You can look here WirelessDriver Home Page

What ever you do never punch dos code or drivers into a Mac.
QUOTE Thanks
Shadeowwolfe

Shadeowwolfe is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac power PC G3, 512mb 500Mhz

thank you for the web page, as it was downloading i seen the extension and i got a few idea's i did not try yet (as i was looking for cab to go into the PPC) as for the no DOS on mac, excuse my ignorance but is this becuase it will really bung up the startup sequence? and something along that lines, could my issues with some of the sync issues be due to firmware updates (if there is such a thing) or is there away to see what updates are in and possible take them out?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Widgets? | Broken Screen... solutions... »