New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Screen protection cloth that we get question...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mjq1986

mjq1986 can only hope to improve
Mac Specs: Retina Macbook Pro 2014 model, 2.6 Ghz Core i5, 8 GB Ram and 256 GB SSD

The cloth that we get with our macbook for our screen. Can we wash it or not. I was just wondering if we can do that without harming the cloth in any manner.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjq1986 View Post
The cloth that we get with our macbook for our screen. Can we wash it or not. I was just wondering if we can do that without harming the cloth in any manner.
Sure you can wash it. Eventually it will get too dirty to be effective. The two biggest qualities of the cloth is softness & lint -free...and washing shouldn't harm it.

I will mention though...you want to make sure that if you wash it...that it's rinsed well & free of soap or detergent...so any excess doesn't get on your screen.

You could also wash the cloth by hand if you're concerned about harming it in an automatic washing machine...you could simply soak it in a container of water & detergent for a few hours...rinse, and dry.

Or you could purchase a new one...I've always heard a "micro-fiber" cloth is what you want.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
mdfuller

mdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15-inch MacBook Pro

I buy packs of microfiber clothes super cheap at Target. I wouldn't risk keeping an old one around and washing it a ton. I do wash them, but after they get washed the wife gets them for whatever she wants.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdfuller View Post
I buy packs of microfiber clothes super cheap at Target.
Do they have Target's in Pakistan.

- Nick

- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
Do they have Target's in Pakistan.- Nick
You left yourself open on that one Nick....

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
You left yourself open on that one Nick....

Regards.
Hey...I think you got that backwards...I was "semi-sarcastically" asking that of the other guy who made the "Target" reference!

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks
mdfuller

mdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the rough

That was hilarious chscag! I have no idea if they have Target over there or not. I do know they have the Internet over there. Order some up!
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
That was hilarious chscag! I have no idea if they have Target over there or not. I do know they have the Internet over there. Order some up!
I was just teasing you about the Target reference. I did look up to see if they have Target's in Pakistan...and they don't.

In fact not only does Target not have any International location's...they're only in 47 of the 50 US States. No Target's in Alaska, Hawaii, or Vermont!

Poor Vermont!

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks
mdfuller

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
I was just teasing you about the Target reference. I did look up to see if they have Target's in Pakistan...and they don't.

In fact not only does Target not have any International location's...they're only in 47 of the 50 US States. No Target's in Alaska, Hawaii, or Vermont!

Poor Vermont!

- Nick
I know man. I was teasing as well. Sometimes we think where we live is the only place on Earth. I was guilty of that!
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
I know man. I was teasing as well. Sometimes we think where we live is the only place on Earth. I was guilty of that!
We have quite a few folks from all over the world on this site...so I try to think globally as much as possible.

Of course sometimes I get my time zones mixed up...just ask "Andy M."!

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks
mjq1986

Mac Specs: Retina Macbook Pro 2014 model, 2.6 Ghz Core i5, 8 GB Ram and 256 GB SSD

Thanks a lot everyone for your help. I live in Pakistan and we don't have Target here. If we even didn't have internet then I guess I wouldn't have been posting on these forums using my macbook. Please don't get me wrong and I'm honestly not offended by this but just for the sake of information, Pakistan is really not that backwards as it is perceived to be :-)
QUOTE Thanks
mdfuller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjq1986 View Post
Thanks a lot everyone for your help. I live in Pakistan and we don't have Target here. If we even didn't have internet then I guess I wouldn't have been posting on these forums using my macbook. Please don't get me wrong and I'm honestly not offended by this but just for the sake of information, Pakistan is really not that backwards as it is perceived to be :-)
I was being facetious about the Internet comment and actually making fun of myself for being an idiot with the Target suggestion. Glad you were not offended as that was definitely not our intention!
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
I was being facetious about the Internet comment and actually making fun of myself for being an idiot with the Target suggestion.
"Idiot" might be a little strong...but just in case you're feeling guilty...

DROP & give me 20...pushups that is!!!

Just teasing,

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks
mdfuller

I went out last night so I collapsed at five.
QUOTE Thanks
mjq1986

Quote:
I was being facetious about the Internet comment and actually making fun of myself for being an idiot with the Target suggestion. Glad you were not offended as that was definitely not our intention!
Don't worry at all. I didn't mind at all and I completely understand that it wasn't your intention at all :-)

I was also just generally informing since when I sometimes tell people that I'm from Pakistan, they respond in a very shocking manner expressing the fact that they never knew Pakistan even had internet (LOL)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Freeing up some harddrive space | Library and archive using itunes and external drive »