Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: New iMac?

  1. #1


    Member Since
    Sep 01, 2009
    Posts
    1
    New iMac?
    I am thinking about finally making the switch to an iMac.

    I noticed on one other forum that there was a recommendation to wait buying an iMac, as a new version may soon be released. Does anyone have any advice on whether or not I should wait? If a new version is indeed soon anticipated then I am happy to wait things out.

    Thank you.

    DannoT

  2. #2


    Member Since
    Jul 27, 2006
    Location
    Berkshire, Uk
    Posts
    394
    Specs:
    15.4" MBP Sep 09, 2.66Ghz C2D, 4Gb Ram, 320Gb HDD 7200rpm, 10.6.x / iPod Touch 8Gb
    If its not urgent to buy one then yes wait a couple of months for the release (nothing confirmed yet).

    If not just pay up and get it.

  3. #3

    pigoo3's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 20, 2008
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    36,524
    Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by DannoT View Post
    I am thinking about finally making the switch to an iMac.

    I noticed on one other forum that there was a recommendation to wait buying an iMac, as a new version may soon be released. Does anyone have any advice on whether or not I should wait? If a new version is indeed soon anticipated then I am happy to wait things out.

    Thank you.

    DannoT
    Tell me a time that someone isn't saying..."Don't buy now...a new version may be released soon!"...when that happens, computers will be obsolete!!

    In this particular case I have not heard those rumors...but then who knows, Apple could make an announcement tomorrow!!!

    Are you throughly confused now???

    - Nick

  4. #4

    Alexis's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 20, 2006
    Posts
    2,255
    Specs:
    Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
    If I was to put money on it, I'd guess a slight price drop next week and a refresh around February time.

  5. #5

    DriftNismo's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 26, 2008
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    225
    Specs:
     13" MacBook Air w/ 1.8GHz i7 & 4GB, iPhone 5S 32GB Gold
    Like pigoo3 said, everybody is always saying a new version of something is going to be released, because it always is. I understand if you're about to purchase an iMac a week or two before Macworld, but otherwise don't base your purchases on when new versions are coming out, because when the new one comes out, there's only going to be a newer one coming out in another year, so just go for it now.

    You could wait until the 9th just for the slight chance that Apple mention anything about iMacs or any price drops or anything, but other than that, I would say go for it now, I've not heard any rumours of new iMacs lately. Apart from "Quad iMacs coming soon" like everyone has said since 2007 :p.

    Besides, current iMac specs are pretty good anyway, and if new iMacs did come out, it wouldn't be until early next year and the same specs as now wouldn't be that much cheaper anyway.
     13" MacBook Air | 1.8Ghz i7 | 4GB | 256GB SSD | OS X 10.9.5 
     iPhone 5S | Gold | 32GB 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Take Hard Disk image of iMac 2008 and reimage onto iMac 2013
    By strewth_uk in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-01-2014, 03:16 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-21-2011, 08:07 AM
  3. iMac 27" Video Input ( use iMac as Monitor/Display )
    By CastFire in forum Apple Desktops
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-07-2010, 07:39 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-11-2007, 06:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •