New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Accidentally deleted new quick time with Snow Leopard

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

JonnyC

JonnyC is on a distinguished road

I got my first mac a month ago and just installed snow leopard. When I tried to open quicktime it didn't so I just thought I need to get the new. So I deleted it but now realize that it put a new one in and I need to get ride of the old one. Do I need to re-install snow leopard to get quick time. It is not available to get on the apple site. Thanks for the help

Jon
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Yes, you need to reinstall.

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
fletch33

fletch33 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 13" MBP 2.53 DC2, 09 Mini 2.0 DC2, 07 Mini 2.16 DC2, MB 2.0 DC2, iBook G3 900MHz, G4 Sawtooth 1.6Ghz

if you had already done a lot of working setting up you SL and you are trying to avoid re-installing at all cost then you could use Pacifist to get the quicktime out of your SL disc and install just that since it is not yet available for download.

that software allows you to grab packages from the SL disc and then install them. since SL is so new you will not find guides yet to see if this works for quicktime 10 but it wouldnt hurt to try since you are looking at re-installing anyway

you can google about how Pacifist works though.

you would not be breaking any laws/rules etc.. since you obviously have already purchased SL

let us know if it works

"i believe louisiana is the pelican state"
QUOTE Thanks
leopard-user1

leopard-user1 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody

No, you only have to reinstall SL if you have emptied the Trash since moving Quicktime there (what you referred to as "deleting"). If you have not emptied the Trash since then, go to the Trash and select QuickTime. Go up to the "Actions" button (the one with the gear on it) and click on "Put Back" from the drop down menu. If "Put Back" is not there, just drag QuickTime back into your Applications folder.

(from scienceteecher.com)
17" MacBook Pro, OSX 10.6.2 Snow Leopard
QUOTE Thanks
melodyi

melodyi is on a distinguished road

How do i reinstall quicktime player because i "accidentally" deleted from trash. i am using mac. please HELP!
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

melodyi: read the rest of this thread.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« download 24p from GH2 | Macbook Air Shows Folder With ? When I Open It »