Accidentally deleted new quick time with Snow Leopard
    I got my first mac a month ago and just installed snow leopard. When I tried to open quicktime it didn't so I just thought I need to get the new. So I deleted it but now realize that it put a new one in and I need to get ride of the old one. Do I need to re-install snow leopard to get quick time. It is not available to get on the apple site. Thanks for the help

Crawley, England
    20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
    Yes, you need to reinstall.
    Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

under a rug
    13" MBP 2.53 DC2, 09 Mini 2.0 DC2, 07 Mini 2.16 DC2, MB 2.0 DC2, iBook G3 900MHz, G4 Sawtooth 1.6Ghz
    if you had already done a lot of working setting up you SL and you are trying to avoid re-installing at all cost then you could use Pacifist to get the quicktime out of your SL disc and install just that since it is not yet available for download.

that software allows you to grab packages from the SL disc and then install them. since SL is so new you will not find guides yet to see if this works for quicktime 10 but it wouldnt hurt to try since you are looking at re-installing anyway

you can google about how Pacifist works though.

you would not be breaking any laws/rules etc.. since you obviously have already purchased SL

let us know if it works
    "i believe louisiana is the pelican state"

New York, NY
    17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody
    No, you only have to reinstall SL if you have emptied the Trash since moving Quicktime there (what you referred to as "deleting"). If you have not emptied the Trash since then, go to the Trash and select QuickTime. Go up to the "Actions" button (the one with the gear on it) and click on "Put Back" from the drop down menu. If "Put Back" is not there, just drag QuickTime back into your Applications folder.

17" MacBook Pro, OSX 10.6.2 Snow Leopard

i deleted quicktime player from trash how do i reinstall it
    How do i reinstall quicktime player because i "accidentally" deleted from trash. i am using mac. please HELP!

Victoria, BC
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    melodyi: read the rest of this thread.

Thread Information