New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Customizing Buttons

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

hi-techveteran

hi-techveteran is on a distinguished road

I am new to the MBP and want to make the red, yellow & green buttons on each window larger. The same goes for the text in the toolbar etc.'

Being 52, I am struggling with the small targets for my mouse.

Also, I am using a USB mouse that works like a champ on my Dell Vostro 1710, but seems to be jerky on the MBP.

Thoughts?

thanks

Hi-TechVeteran
QUOTE Thanks
iPod Nano

iPod Nano is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6

Well, you can adjust your display settings in System Preferences to make everything larger. The downside is you can't see your entire screen.

Chris K.
QUOTE Thanks
torchy

torchy is a jewel in the roughtorchy is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.

Check out the options in System Preferences > Universal access to make things easier to see. Changing the contrast makes quite a difference.

Try changing the setting in System prefs for your Mouse too. The Mac Mouse acceleration is different to the windows mouse setting. The faster you move the mouse the further it goes across the screen. It may take a few days to get used to it.. took me about a week but then I'm older than you

With a MacBook Pro, the trackpad will be better than most mice ~ setting are also in System preferences. With a light touch and a bit of practice you will wonder how you ever managed without it..

~ 13" MacBook Air. OSX 10.9 ~ iPad 2 & iPhone ~
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New Macbook Pro Missing ~15 GB Hard drive | Problems with External Hardrive »