Should I buy Mac Pro today or wait ("old" inventory?)
    I went into the Apple store today to buy a Mac Pro. They told me that Snow Leopard was not pre-installed, but they would give me the upgrade disks. This made me wonder if I would be buying "old" hardware that is not fully optimized for Snow Leopard. I have waited months for Snow Leopard so can wait a bit longer. Should I wait until they start selling machines with Snow Leopard pre-installed or will there be no difference. Note, I am not worried about the upgrade process, but the fact that they are selling me their "old" inventory. I would appreciate any comments.

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by amrpapp View Post
    I went into the Apple store today to buy a Mac Pro. They told me that Snow Leopard was not pre-installed, but they would give me the upgrade disks. This made me wonder if I would be buying "old" hardware that is not fully optimized for Snow Leopard. I have waited months for Snow Leopard so can wait a bit longer. Should I wait until they start selling machines with Snow Leopard pre-installed or will there be no difference. Note, I am not worried about the upgrade process, but the fact that they are selling me their "old" inventory. I would appreciate any comments.
    Nope...hardware is the same...nothing to do with Snow Leopard not already installed. Snow Leopard was just released yesterday!

So no difference...buy the Mac Pro when you are ready...then use the Snow Leopard disk to upgrade the OS.

Enjoy that Mac Pro!

- Nick

Thanks for the prompt advice.

Thread Information