Switching Friday

Switching Friday
    Finally! I've wanted an Apple ever since....well, ever since they came out, really. I finally don't have to run fubarred MS software for working at home and the things I want to do (graphics, music) are better on a Mac. So, it's about time!

Here's my question: I wanted to make the long drive to my closest Apple store earlier this week, but Snow Leopard is out on Friday. To save me a long distance call, will I be able to get a 15" MBP with Snow Leopard installed on Friday? Barring that, will I be able to pick up the $10 upgrade when I get my Mac or does it have to come through the mail?

Please forgive my excitement, but I'm darn near squee-ing like a little kid here! Hurry up, Friday!!

Switching Friday
    Specs:
    iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
    It might be a week or so until they start rolling out the macs with SL pre-installed on it, also so you know that if you do pick up the mac before they are pre-installed you will have to file the online order form to be able to get the $10 upgrade.

Switching Friday
    Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '11 1.8 i7 4GB 10.10; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.10; 5s & 5c
    And I would guess that if you purchase a Mac after SL is released but before it gets pre-installed, you probably don't have to pay the $10 either.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Switching Friday
    Specs:
    white MacBook - 2.16GHz, 2GB RAM, 500GB HD iPhone Specs: white 3GS - 32GB
    Quote Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
    And I would guess that if you purchase a Mac after SL is released but before it gets pre-installed, you probably don't have to pay the $10 either.
    That's what I was thinking. When you go there to buy the machine, if SL is not pre-installed, then ask one of the employees if you can have SL with it for free with the purchase.

Switching Friday

Thanks, all! I'll give it a shot and see what happens when I get there. I just wanted to get SL installed before I saved a bunch of things to the computer. I'm really looking forward to this--it's been hard enough to wait until Friday, I can't imagine waiting another few weeks/months for the MacBooks to come out with it preinstalled!

Thread Information