New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Ip address.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

foreverandalway

foreverandalway is on a distinguished road

I'm entering a contest and voting for myself. It's on like the verizon site. Do you think they'd notice my IP address voting with 100 accounts and DQ me?

Also my mac gets really slow for like 1 minute at a time every 10 minutes. My friend told me to let my mac crash and it'll stop but my mac hasn't crashed yet. How do I fix it?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
I'm entering a contest and voting for myself. It's on like the verizon site. Do you think they'd notice my IP address voting with 100 accounts and DQ me?
I certainly hope so.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
Eric559

Eric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

People ask the weirdest questions what's up with that.

I called Verizon and told on you. They said they have already DQ you...

Member Of The Month for December '08.
It's only the internet!
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverandalway View Post

Also my mac gets really slow for like 1 minute at a time every 10 minutes. My friend told me to let my mac crash and it'll stop but my mac hasn't crashed yet. How do I fix it?
Don't you think that this is dishonest? Does this really seem fair? If you do this and you get caught, they have every right to DQ you and they should. As for your second question, what are you running and what are your Mac's specs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric559 View Post
People ask the weirdest questions what's up with that.
Yes they really do. It seems that questions regarding illegal or devious activities seem to be common place these days.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Personal Twitter
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
Yes they really do. It seems that questions regarding illegal or devious activities seem to be common place these days.
that is the sad thing about this species ........ Its just human nature to always try out do the next or get something for nothing.... Cheat, steal or lie... Sad but it will never change.

We, in the pig picture of things, are not really nice people...
Dont get me wrong there is still nice people around though ....

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
JohnCL

JohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: -->

Aww, heck no. It is not like IP's can be tracked.

C'mon, are you serious?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Switching Friday | First time mac »