New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Yeah, I switched and I'm never going back

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

NMMI89

NMMI89 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15", 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 500GB/ 60GB 5G iPod/ 160GB 6G iPod/ 8GB Nano/ 32GB 2nd Gen iTouch

Switched over to a MacBook Pro on 4 August 09. After decades of PC-ness, windows b.s., viruses, spyware, malware, beware, etc...I took the plunge. My HP (POS) DV9700 crapped out on me after a year and four months. Wrangling with HP to see if they could fix it led me nowhere. The customer service rep even hung up on me after 45 min on hold. Needless to say I came over to the "dark side" and I'm NEVER going back. Mac is the easiest computer system. The learning curve is a little steep but nothing I can't negotiate. Slowly but surely I'm going to get my house "Apple-fied". My next purchases are going to be a Snow Leopard upgrade, a 24" iMac and a MacMini. I'm eating crow right now from all my friends that had Macs before me. They all tried to get me to switch a long time ago and I kept digging my heels in until I got thrown under the bus by HP. The folks at the Apple Store were the coolest. They have a customer for life.
QUOTE Thanks
PapaNoHair

PapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nice

Welcome to Mac and this forum!
QUOTE Thanks
Andy_M

Andy_M has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15.4" MBP Sep 09, 2.66Ghz C2D, 4Gb Ram, 320Gb HDD 7200rpm, 10.6.x / iPod Touch 8Gb

Welcome!
QUOTE Thanks
Ballr24

Ballr24 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 13 Inch Apple MacBook Pro; 2.40 GHZ, 4GB Ram, 250GB HDD

Welcome to the Mac world!
QUOTE Thanks
l RandomHero l

l RandomHero l is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.66GHz 320GB; 8GB OG iPhone

Welcome. I switched about a year ago, and have never looked back
QUOTE Thanks
Lycoming

Lycoming will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 24" 4Gb RAM, 1Tb Time Capsule. iPhone 3GS, Macbook

As soon as Sony make my ereader Mac compatible my Dell laptop is going to take that 4th floor flier. There's a very tall viaduct near here; wouldn't that make a good press story.

"Mac evangelist extinguishes Windows from life."

Unless of course somebody wants to make me an offer for it.
QUOTE Thanks
Strukt

Strukt will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: rMBP 15" / 2.6GHz / 16GB / 512GB

I wonder how the market will look like in say, 10 years from now. Will Microsoft be so dominant as they are now?

Anyway, congrats to your new Mac, I am sure you will be pleased with it

My Blog: Apple Laptops
QUOTE Thanks
todd51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strukt View Post
I wonder how the market will look like in say, 10 years from now. Will Microsoft be so dominant as they are now?

Anyway, congrats to your new Mac, I am sure you will be pleased with it
For businesses, I would say yes, Windows will continue to dominate. As for the personal/home computer, I think Apple will take a good chunck of that away from Windows.
QUOTE Thanks
gagnerants

gagnerants is a jewel in the roughgagnerants is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro

I've been using mac for about 8 months now and I love it, I will still be using windows and linux but I enjoy every day that I use my iMac, looking forward to picking up a MBP for college.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Good move and welcome aboard.

The happiest move i have ever made

Great forum you chose to ... been invaluable to me

Enjoy all the knowledge that is amongst us :-)

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
NMMI89

NMMI89 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15", 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 500GB/ 60GB 5G iPod/ 160GB 6G iPod/ 8GB Nano/ 32GB 2nd Gen iTouch

Thanx all...yep, I'm pretty darn happy with Mac right now. Great customer service and a great product. This has got to be the most user friendly machine ever.
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Macs suck....

QUOTE Thanks
DriftNismo

DriftNismo will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs:  15.4" MacBook Pro w/ 2.0GHz i7 & 4GB, Bold 9700

Nice, and welcome xD. I've never been happier with computing since I've switched. Mainly due to everything just working. It's the biggest pain in the backside putting pictures from my camera onto my PC due to the mass of drivers that need to be installed, them being hardly ever the right drivers, having a no-good photo management program, 64-bit Windows having compatibility issues all across the board, etc. I much prefer just plugging the camera into the Mac and having iPhoto open automatically and let me transfer and view them with great pleasure .

(Although, if Win 98 was still supported I would still rather use that than OS X or Vista )

 15.4" MacBook Pro | 2.0Ghz i7 | 4GB | HD 6490M | 500GB | OS X 10.7.1 
QUOTE Thanks
spraay

spraay is on a distinguished road

I'm about four weeks into my new MacBook Pro. I am a very satisfied switcher. I've been running Windows as my primary operating system since v3.1. Now I'm nearly Windows-free. I still have a Windows PC to run flight simulator and a couple of apps I use to program radios, but my every day machine is my MBP. I'm sure I'll buy or build other Unix or Linux machines for various purposes, but for my every day use, the Mac is it for me.

Best Regards,
Shane
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Switch to Mac Pro | iCal and Google Calendar »