New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

What did I do? Space questions

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

APL

APL is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Book 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB mem 320GB HD

Ok well I have been going about my business and LOVING the mac for almost a year now I think. Well I have a 297 gig hard drive on my mac book. and i just realized i have 40gigs left, WTF!!!

I have few movies, few tv shows. It looks like the IMAP was downloading everything so i took care of that, but it seems like all pictures in iphoto have duplicates, why is this?

Also not sure what else to delete? I guess i have to go back and read all the noob facts again and figure it out. I am a little upset but it will work out.

Also which style is it for an external where mac and pc can read it? I forget and i am about to wipe an external to use as my tv/movie one and want the wife to be able to watch also.

Thanks for the tips all. I plan on doing much more reading and figuring it out. It was so easy to just take off and have no issues, no i am all, ahhh wtf i need to learn more, lol.

Anyone recommend a good way to consolidate and delete extra itunes music? I tried to consolidate it through itunes but it did not work, itunes bug? And i have around 110gigs of music i am still sorting becuase of an epic hardrive external fail so i have to re do everything! So how to make all itunes in one folder and get rid of doubles?
QUOTE Thanks
chrismac

chrismac has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15.4" uMBP: iPhone 4

You could try installing a NAS and installing your iPhoto and ITunes databases there.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Setting up email | This week is one year ... »