New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Snow leopard dvd

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

salmar

salmar is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 20" alum iMac 2.4 3 gigs ram

I just pre ordered snow leopard from Amazon.com and I thought it had free shipping but I was charged $4.98 for shipping. So before I cancel the order I want to know if Apple is going to ship the dvd's for a total of 29.95 without a shipping charge. I can still cancel with Amazon but before I do I want to know if I can get it for $29.95 with free shipping from Apple or anywhere else.
Thanks for a reply

20" alum iMac 2.4 3 gigs ram
Lake Geneva, Fl
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

They did with Leopard when it was released. In fact, I'm waiting for Apple to offer its own pre-order. Last time I did this, I actually had Leopard on my door step at 11am the day it was released.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

yea, I'm set up for the pre-order email notification too, looking forward to it actually.

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
JohnCL

JohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: -->

On my $9.95 order that I placed with Apple in July I was only charged tax, no shipping. My total was $10.71.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmar View Post
I just pre ordered snow leopard from Amazon.com and I thought it had free shipping but I was charged $4.98 for shipping. So before I cancel the order I want to know if Apple is going to ship the dvd's for a total of 29.95 without a shipping charge. I can still cancel with Amazon but before I do I want to know if I can get it for $29.95 with free shipping from Apple or anywhere else.
You must have done something wrong when you ordered from Amazon. I just did a pre-order from them and received free shipping. Cancel your order and go back and do it over. The free shipping is there - it's called "standard shipping". You must have chose something else.

As for ordering from Apple, whether or not they charge shipping doesn't matter because they are going to charge local sales tax. Amazon does not charge sales tax.

I can wait a few days longer from Amazon and not pay sales tax.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
Carol247

Carol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really nice
Mac Specs: imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0

I also pre-ordered from Amazon and was not charged for shipping.

"We have enough youth, what we need is a fountain of smart"! - Unknown
QUOTE Thanks
salmar

Okay, thanks for all the replies and I know I must have done something wrong on the Amazon web site when ordering. I thought I saw free shipping when I ordered it. I will contact them today and cancel the old order and put in one with free shipping. Thanks again all.

Lake Geneva, Fl
QUOTE Thanks
salmar

I just telephoned Amazon and they made the adjustment and knocked off the shipping and handling from my order. It's only for the $29.00 now. I must have made a mistake with my original order. Thanks again all.

Lake Geneva, Fl
QUOTE Thanks
Z mannn R2

Z mannn R2 will become famous soon enough

awesome
QUOTE Thanks
DaSvenska

DaSvenska is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 15", 2.6, i7, 8G Ram, iPhone 5, iPad 3

I have had my MBP for a week now. When this new version comes out, should I just upgrade or go ahead and wipe and do a clean install. If clean install gets the most votes, some simple instructions would be good. Thanks

--The Swede--
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSvenska View Post
I have had my MBP for a week now. When this new version comes out, should I just upgrade or go ahead and wipe and do a clean install. If clean install gets the most votes, some simple instructions would be good. Thanks
Hard to say since it hasn't been released yet. Prior to the release of Leopard, it was as simple as doing an in-place upgrade. Although that was possible with Leopard, most upgrade installations proved to be flaky.

Since Snow Leopard is really just an evolution of Leopard, a straight upgrade should be pretty simple. But I would wait to get the verdict of the community using the production version before we make an assumptions.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
DaSvenska

DaSvenska is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 15", 2.6, i7, 8G Ram, iPhone 5, iPad 3

Thanks for the quick reply, I will keep watching.

--The Swede--
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Onscreen Metrics | +Burning DVD's »