Question outlook replacement
    Hey guys,

I am a new mac user. I need some help. I love my new mac book pro but I am looking for something that is a direct replacement to my outlook program. I love the features of having my notes, contacts, multiple emails, and calendar in one place.

Can you all give me some suggestions for either free or low cost replacements for Outlook?

Thanks

Specs:
    13 MBP (mid 2009), 2.53GHz, 4GB RAM, 250GB HD. 24" Cinema Display. 32GB iphone 3gs, 32GB iPad
    Entourage is the Microsoft email client for the Mac platform. It comes with MS Office Home and Student edition. If yo want to import your current PST file into it, you will need to purchase a third party utility to convert the PST to an Entourage archive file and then import it in.

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Quote Originally Posted by kcavazos View Post
    I am a new mac user. I need some help. I love my new mac book pro but I am looking for something that is a direct replacement to my outlook program. I love the features of having my notes, contacts, multiple emails, and calendar in one place.

Can you all give me some suggestions for either free or low cost replacements for Outlook?
    There are several alternatives: Buy MS Office 2008 Home and Student version which includes Entourage. However, as the other reply pointed out, Outlook's PST files are not importable into Entourage. They must be converted first. See the following Link

The second alternative is to run a copy of Windows on your MBP. You can either use Boot Camp to run Windows natively, or run Windows in a Virtual Machine via Parallels, Fusion, or the free VirtualBox. Then you could continue using Outlook.

Regards.

I am actually looking for a replacement to office. I have open office right now and I don't like it. Outlook is the only thing that i really want. I am open to any and all other applications that operate like Outlook.

Thanks

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Well, Entourage is probably the closest thing to Outlook for Mac OS X. You'll need to purchase MS Office for Mac in order to use it. That's all there is to it.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    This may not meet all your needs but what about Mozilla Thunderbird and Lightning for your calendar. Lightning is a plugin which adds a calendar to Thunderbird. If something is missing, you may be able to find it through a plugin.
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 15" 2.8 GHz
    Emailchemy is very good at converting Outlook .pst files to .mbox format for Apples Mail or MS Entourage. Microsoft have recently announced they are to re introduce Outlook for the Mac (the last version was for Mac OS9), hopefully this will have the import filter missing from Entourage and make everyones lives easier.
    Steve
    UK

Thread Information