New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Burning DVD's

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

brkpsu

brkpsu is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac G5 17" 80GB

Got my iMac G5 1.8 in Jan. Love it and all the helpful tips from everybody. My question, How can I a durn a dvd I made without going through all the production of iDVD. I made the movie in iMovie and also have it in Quicktime. Is there a simple way?
QUOTE Thanks
jessica

Check out Toast, maybe that will be useful. I'm not sure if that is just for making backups of DVDs though.
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

http://www.roxio.com/en/products/toast/features.jhtml

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
mcsenerd

mcsenerd is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini 1.58 - 60 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive - 1 GB PC3200 & 1.33 Ghz 12" iBook w/ 80 GB 7200 RPM HD

I might be wrong...but if you don't want to go through a big hassle editing a disc for production...then can't you just use the One Step DVD feature to just burn your video straight to the disc in iDVD?
QUOTE Thanks
brkpsu

Thanks for the replys. I really dont want to spend any more money on toast and I have been looking for the easy burn on iDVD but havent been able to find it.
QUOTE Thanks
markceltic

This one step DVD is in iLife '05.
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

Quote:
Originally Posted by brkpsu
Thanks for the replys. I really dont want to spend any more money on toast and I have been looking for the easy burn on iDVD but havent been able to find it.
This is only on iDVD5

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
brkpsu

Thanks. I guess I now have a reason to upgrade.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Kensington Wireless Studio Mouse Sucks!!! | iTunes: auto shutoff? »