New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

A Retro Switcher.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

T L Rominger

Hello all. I just sold my pc laptop and picked up a G3 Lombard. Its been up graded with 512 Meg of RAM and a 60 Gig 7400 rpm Harddrive. I'm going to be using it for my MP3 jukebox and playing around with OS X which is allready on it. I have an even older 1400cs 166 that my brother is using in school but as you know OS 9 was the end of the road for it. Anyway just wanted to say hello and I'll see you all in the forums from here on out.
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

cool, welcome to the forums.
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

witeshark will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7

Congratz! We all know you will love OS X! :alien:
QUOTE Thanks
Sawtooth76

Sawtooth76 is on a distinguished road

Wow and here i thought i was the only one switching to a older mac. I switched from a athlon 1800 to a sawtooth G4/500 that i used a pencil on to get 550mhz out of it. It is such a refeshment from windows, OSX ROCKS!
QUOTE Thanks
Padawan

Padawan has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod

Welcome to the forums, and congratulation on your new Mac. I'm personally quite fond of older Mac's - they're great.

~ Support the LANCE ARMSTRONG FOUNDATION -- LAF.org ~

Do you drive a Civic, Del Sol, or Integra & want more power & tighter steering feel? Click here for my inexpensive DIY Power-Steering Removal Kits.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Sawtooth76, Funny, that is the very Mac that I started with OSX on 1.5 years ago now. Got it from my friends work MINT for $130! They were selling off all their old Macs for $.25 a MHZ, so I jumped at it!!! It was loaded too with new 40Gig 120GXP IBM drive, 768 Megs RAM and DVD, Modem and in mint shape. Sawtooth G4/500. Still use it for a lot of stuff here at the house. Upped the RAM to 1.5GB and HDD's to 120Gigs. It's never let me down. Real workhorse of a computer!!

Welcome aboard!
QUOTE Thanks
Thud

I'm still amazed that the older macs can still run the latest and greatest OS X version.

By the way if you want to have some fun reading details about every mac ever created, check this out. Interesting stuff.

http://www.apple-history.com

My parents had an Apple //c when I was a kid. They still have it (in storage) and I think it still works.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Question | newbie hoping to get a mac mini »