07-21-2009, 06:15 AM #1Mac Newbie Need Questions Answered
hi there peeps, i have just brought an 15" Macbook Pro. Not only this is my first Mac, this is my first laptop. I have always been an fan is desktops but i decided to have an change. What made made me change to mac is Windows Vista is NAFF, i have tried the new window 7 trial and that is just as worse.
So the questions i want to ask is:
1. If i leave my laptop to on charge all the time, will it damage the battery? (i.e battery life not as good, etc) or it will be OK?
2. What is better to use to back up the Mac, the Time Machine? or SuperDuper? or Both?
3. Is the the Time Machine and SuperDuper capable of backing up other external HD?
thanks for all your help
07-21-2009, 07:19 AM #2
1. You should always cycle the battery once a month at least. So the answer here is Yes. If you leave it plugged in for ever the battery will end up with poor charge.
2. Personal preference, i Like Time Machine because it is so easy to use and nonintrusive ...
3. Yes, you need to select it though. Not so sure about SuperDuper.
07-21-2009, 08:01 AM #3
what do you mean cycle the battery? chargeing you mean?
07-21-2009, 08:09 AM #4
Yeah, to keep the battery in shape you will have to completely drain it and charge it up again without interruption. Preferably once a month or so.
If you constantly leave the charger plugged in you may loose some of the battery capacity over time. But if you keep it in shape according to the instructions above it will last longer.
This can be applied to all laptops. Not just for the macbooks.
07-21-2009, 10:05 AM #5
i know in the mac information you can check the battery condition, but i want to know this there any other programs out there which also check your battery condition?
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By crazytreeman in forum Movies and VideoReplies: 0Last Post: 07-27-2008, 11:18 PM
By Roody in forum Switcher HangoutReplies: 5Last Post: 04-22-2008, 04:49 PM
By matrixtna in forum Apple NotebooksReplies: 7Last Post: 01-25-2008, 09:31 PM
By morty192 in forum Switcher HangoutReplies: 3Last Post: 05-21-2007, 09:43 AM
By NJRonbo in forum iPod Hardware and AccessoriesReplies: 2Last Post: 02-06-2007, 09:09 AM