Thread: changing to mac

new dude
    changing to mac
    hi all i have windows xp pro and am thinking of changing to mac but i would like to know the latest version of mac and if you can still play games from ones ive bought from the shop ie doom 3 and that and also i dont even know what mac looks like so any links to mac screenshots would be nice also anything to convince me more please say :spook:

changing to mac
    Specs:
    Mac Pro 2.66 - 4 Gig Ram, iMac G5 2 Gig ram 20"
    Quote Originally Posted by new dude
    hi all i have windows xp pro and am thinking of changing to mac but i would like to know the latest version of mac and if you can still play games from ones ive bought from the shop ie doom 3 and that and also i dont even know what mac looks like so any links to mac screenshots would be nice also anything to convince me more please say :spook:
    The short answer is NO!

The games you have now for the pc will not work on the Mac, you would need Mac versions. The Mac is not particulary a gaming machine, though it does run a lot of games quite well, but if you are a hard core gamer stay with the pc.

To find out what a Mac looks like go down to your local Mac dealer or to CompUSA and look at them. You can't even begin to learn about Mac from pictures, you need to get hands on to get the feel of OS X.

changing to mac
    Specs:
    PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
    double posting isnt allowed. to see screenshots, do a search here for desktop customization, theres a huge thread called official desktop customization thread.

new dude
    if i got mac os x will i be able to install on my pc or is it totally different to a windows pc coz ive custum built my pc motherboard cpu memory ect....

changing to mac
    Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    You will not be able to install OS X on a PC (intel chip set).
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

d-funct
    Or AMD as they both use the same underlaying x86 architecture

flonejek
    i took some screenshots last night of me juust usin my computer (and some crazy stuff too) it shows what panther can do pretty well...

http://flickr.com/photos/adonm

EvoMac
    Hey not to hijack but how did you make a background of all album images from your itunes playlist? That looks cluttered but cool at the same time?

Thread Information