New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

New Switcher with a few questions

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MtReload

MtReload is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 13" White MacBook, 2.13 GHz, 2gb, 160gb HDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkestRitual View Post
Yea it's different, but you adjust pretty quick. I was used to an actual right click with my logitech mouse on all of my previous macs (they were desktops) so I had to figure it out when I got my MacBook a few months ago, but it's pretty intuitive. I don't know if your model supports it, but have you tried to scroll by sliding 2 fingers up and down the trackpad? That's handy too.
Yeah, I did manage to turn it on and get it working. Scrolling with two fingers is cool also. I'm used to scrolling with one finger on my HP but this is much easier.
QUOTE Thanks
Oneironaut

Oneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really nice
Mac Specs: 21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

You can either hold command (apple) while you click

Don't you mean Control-click?
QUOTE Thanks
DarkestRitual

DarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really nice
Mac Specs: 13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac

Yes, I did. I guess I'm so used to doing it the really easy way (2 finger tap or right clicking on a mouse) that I didn't pay too much attention. :-P
QUOTE Thanks
MtReload

Some pictures if anyone's interested. My first Mac and I love how quiet it is. Thanks all for the input, I'm gonna go ahead and pick up a copy of iWork '09 for college and Parallels to run the Zune software so I don't have to give up my Zune.

100_0306 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Amy
QUOTE Thanks
DarkestRitual

DarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really nice
Mac Specs: 13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac

I see you're using Firefox (it's opened and safari isn't on your dock). I mean, i guess it comes down to personal preference, but Safari 4 is WAY fast compared to firefox. Try it out. On my aluminum MacBook (13 inch pro beta pretty much) 2GHz, Safari 4 opens in less than one dock bounce. Firefox takes between 4 and 5. That's some bs.
QUOTE Thanks
MtReload

I did hear Safari was good. It does open in one bounce. I've just been using FireFox for too long and finally have toolbar and bookmarks just the way I like it, haha. BTW, I almost got that MacBook (or an aluminum model similar to it). It was $999 at Best Buy but an open box model (had box, but was returned) so I passed.

Amy
QUOTE Thanks
LogicBox

LogicBox is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtReload View Post
I did hear Safari was good. It does open in one bounce. I've just been using FireFox for too long and finally have toolbar and bookmarks just the way I like it, haha. BTW, I almost got that MacBook (or an aluminum model similar to it). It was $999 at Best Buy but an open box model (had box, but was returned) so I passed.

Amy
Good thing you passed on that, I had a really bad experience with bestbuy not to long ago with this. In then end I got a brand new Aluminum MacBook for 100 dollars cheaper then what it originally was, then 2 days later the new line of MBP were released. But I said oh well I love my mac, I havent gotten to use it much yet, mostly my PC work is keeping my busy, but I did do some work in iPhoto which was pretty easy to get the hang of. Faces is awsome too.
QUOTE Thanks
GK27V6

GK27V6 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: white MacBook - 2.16GHz, 2GB RAM, 500GB HD iPhone Specs: white 3GS - 32GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtReload View Post
I'm not yet used to no right click
I have the older white MB model, so I don't know if it differs for yours. But with mine I can
A) hold ctrl while clicking
B) simply hold on the trackpad button for like 2-3seconds until a right-click is initiated
or, my personal favourite, C) keep two fingers on the trackpad while clicking the trackpad button

QUOTE Thanks
MtReload

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicBox View Post
but I did do some work in iPhoto which was pretty easy to get the hang of. Faces is awsome too.
I've only used iPhoto once (yesterday) but it was a generally positive experience. I popped my SD card from my digital camera into a media card reader and iPhoto immediately popped up and I was able to upload pics to Flickr and Facebook and do other stuff.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Newbie | Macbook Upgrades »