New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

 
Start a Discussion
 

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Switch now or after Tiger's released?


Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

 
Thread Tools
WannaMac

 
Member Since: Oct 22, 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC, USofA
Posts: 30
WannaMac is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.0Ghz, 1.5G RAM

WannaMac is offline
I want to buy an iMac... Should I wait for Tiger or go ahead and take the plunge?

The added $129 wouldn't be cool 3 months after I buy my iMac...

Is it a pain to upgrade the OS when Tiger does come out?
QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

 
coach_z's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 23, 2004
Location: North NJ
Posts: 3,169
coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

coach_z is offline
it should be very easy to upgrade to tiger...

i would say to wait just a few extra months if one way or another you will be getting tiger

-chris
QUOTE Thanks
mcsenerd

 
Member Since: Feb 25, 2005
Posts: 190
mcsenerd is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini 1.58 - 60 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive - 1 GB PC3200 & 1.33 Ghz 12" iBook w/ 80 GB 7200 RPM HD

mcsenerd is offline
1.) Depends...if you need the computer now...buy now...if not...wait. (P.S. - If you wait for latest and greatest...you'll be waiting forever)

2.) Nope...won't be cool...but just think...that's three months of getting to use your new iMac.

3.) It's not a pain to upgrade...In my experiences OS X upgrades have been rather painless lately. It should preserve all of your settings and such.
QUOTE Thanks
dan828

 
dan828's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 12, 2005
Location: Ceres, Ca
Posts: 670
dan828 is a jewel in the roughdan828 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iPad 32 GB 3G

dan828 is offline
I'd wait-- tiger is only 2 or 3 months away and there is quite a bit of speculation that the iMac line is due for a refresh at about the same time, so you could maybe get a better system or possibly one of the current ones at a discount.
QUOTE Thanks
NightCrawler

 
NightCrawler's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 30, 2004
Location: Gare D' Europa
Posts: 306
NightCrawler is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro (early 2011) 2,2 i7, 4 GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, 1 GB ATI 6750M, High-Res AntiGlare Screen

NightCrawler is offline
im goin to wait for tiger... and maybe the next powerbook release :bone:

**hides in corner**

**draws macabre drawings** >_>

Quote:
- It's like - he was got - they'd just like. It was like so hush hush. They were so... quiet about it. And then the next thing you know...
QUOTE Thanks
DVD Guy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

I did not wait. I just bought a G4 and had to pay to upgrade to 10.3. I am having too much fun to let $130 stop me. I will probably upgrade to Tiger too when it comes out.

If it is your first Mac, I saw go ahead and get the computer and take some time to get used to it. You can always start saving an extra $10 per week until Tiger comes out.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe


« My -1 Post :-P | 10.3 OS x question -swtiching- »
Thread Tools

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
KVM switch problems with G3 upgraded PowerCenter Pro RajaZoie Apple Desktops 1 11-28-2008 05:34 PM
When Tiger is released... JRJ26 Schweb's Lounge 11 01-10-2005 02:31 PM
Finally made the BIG SWITCH jasonbishop73 Switcher Hangout 7 08-20-2004 03:29 PM
Need questions satisfied or NO SWITCH nosleepneeded Apple Notebooks 2 03-01-2004 08:09 PM
Considering a switch Jon-Mikko Switcher Hangout 3 01-24-2004 12:23 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
X

Welcome to Mac-Forums.com

Create your username to jump into the discussion!

New members like you have made this community the ultimate source for your Mac since 2003!


(4 digit year)

Already a member?