New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

My -1 Post :-P

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

lnetubaplyr

HELLO! This may come as a huge shock to some of you, if you started out on the "final thread" then ended up reading it again 7 months later. lol.

Well i'll make this quick, i was just comming around to see what was up, since to again, your surprise, i'm a powerbook user now. I think it was just the simplicity of the ibook that sent me for a loop.

BTW, i have posted once or twice under the alias AWU_GigaByte, since i haven't used LNEtubaPLYR in many months...

*waits for the beatings*

-Carry On Dancing.
QUOTE Thanks
dan828

dan828 is a jewel in the roughdan828 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iPad 32 GB 3G

LOL. I suppose the reserection of that thread was you reason for posting this one?

Out of curiosity, what caused the switch back after your original disgruntlement? Still have the Athlon64 laptop?

And yes, you do deserve a beating.
QUOTE Thanks
lnetubaplyr

I'm actually very happy i switched back. Idk if it has anything to do with "once you go mac you never go back" type of thing. But just after i sold the ibook, i got really big into linux. Then realizeing that OSX is basically a functional linux, it interested me again. I then started to think about the cons of the ibook. Basically the lack of a line in and the 12inch screen drove me crazy. Just not enough room to work.

I think i said somewhere in that thread that i wouldn't rule out buying another apple and i guess i didn't

But i have to say i couldn't be more happy with the powerbook. I just think that the ibook was more for the beginner. The PB does everything i'd want. I could go on about how i now hate windows, but i won't :-P

I do still have the athlon laptop, although i'm looking to sell it. And yes, i still have my alienware, but they are both pretty much retired since the arrival of the PB.

And to the person who said i was a moron for buying an alienware, i don't see the difference in buying an apple (premium brand) and buying an alienware (premium brand). Apple ram is regular ram, but since its "apple" its more. Same thing with alienware. So in that case, we're all morons, and i'm proud of it! :cool:
QUOTE Thanks
Kokopelli

Welcome back. Since I was not here when you left I will refrain from any beatings...

What size PowerBook did you get?
QUOTE Thanks
awu_gigabyte

*To refrain from confusion, i'll repeat that this is my new alias *

I got the 15 inch PB. 1.67ghz g4, 100 gig hdd, radeon 9700, 128mb video ram. 1 gig system ram. When i opened it up, i had to take a few minutes before turning it on, just to look at it.
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

glad youve come to your senses. I read that final thread thing, and you should be beaten with that athion laptop. lol. just kidding. if you need any help with your pbook, come back.
and welcome back to the good side.
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

So what convinced you to try the mac once more after your experience?
QUOTE Thanks
awu_gigabyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWhat
So what convinced you to try the mac once more after your experience?
Mostly wanting a unix based laptop. I tried getting all sorts of distros on my athlon but could never get the wireless to work... and just the general sick and tired of windows...explorer crases, viruses, spyware. Plus the althon laptop was so freaking heavy, i wanted somthing lighter and more slim. The powebook acheives those things very well
QUOTE Thanks
bopat

Hey dude, I have to give u a beating ...at least for making me read that WHOLE post ( :mad: )and then announing a new, re-born you!! ( :mad: )

Just kidding! Welcome back. I just switched to a Mac 3 days ago (from a Dell Inspiron 1.7ghz to a 12" PB 867mhz; same amount of ram in both) and am loving it.

Enjoy your Mac.
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

awu_gigabyte,

Well, I hope your experience will be a better one this time around!
QUOTE Thanks
)(*

you try, hate, come back?

make up your mind
QUOTE Thanks
Jason

Welcome back I switched over with a PB and love it! I thought I wouldn't be able to deal with the 12" screen, but it works well with OSX
QUOTE Thanks
awu_gigabyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by )(*
you try, hate, come back?

make up your mind
Tis the beauty of a free country. I don't have to make up my mind. :-P
QUOTE Thanks
Temp

awu_gigabyte/LNEtubaPLYR,

This is too funny! I just got an e-mail notification today (3/10/05), from a reply to your old post. I was just thinking, "I wonder what ever happened to LNEtubaPLYR?" Then I found this post. :lol:

Glad everything work out for the best in the end.
QUOTE Thanks
jessica

Need attention much?

Welcome back to the forums I guess. You were seriously missed, I am not sure how this site functioned without you here.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« File transfer via ethernet--beige G3 to Mac Mini | Switch now or after Tiger's released? »