New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

The thing that is making me switch

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

chance

Not to clog up your thread but I just had to say this.

If you notice in the pc forums, it is full of nothing but problems people are experiencing with windows, hardware, and sofware. In here it seems like everyone is nice, and the majority of the things are just questions, not problems. That's really nice!! I want a laptop that gives my 0 problems that's easy to use. I don't want to spend an hour trying to figure out a complicated task and then worry about messing something up. I just want a computer that is strait forward and rock solid. And people wonder why people LOVE apple so much. This forum changed my mind about apple, but it was too late. I am stuck with 2 new laptops (not apple) and feeling very sad

I wont make the same mistake again. I'm getting an Apple!!
QUOTE Thanks
James

James is a jewel in the roughJames is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2.66 - 4 Gig Ram, iMac G5 2 Gig ram 20"

I think you will be more than happy if you get an apple, just don't expect perfection. There is no such thing as a computer that doesn't have problems.

I think you will find less problems with the apple over a pc, and the os is quite stable, but don't let anyone fool you into thinking you can't crash it, believe me it can be done. Ease of use and stability are two of apples selling points.
QUOTE Thanks
chance

Thanks for the reply. I may have misspoke when I said 0 problems. I don't expect a perfect laptop. However like you said the os is much more stabile than windows. In my opinion that's an easy choice.
QUOTE Thanks
jsb515

jsb515 is on a distinguished road

you know you can sale one of your pc laptops and order a new ibook g4 12" for 799.00 at http://www.microcenter.com
QUOTE Thanks
Thud

Quote:
Originally Posted by chance

If you notice in the pc forums, it is full of nothing but problems people are experiencing with windows, hardware, and sofware. In here it seems like everyone is nice, and the majority of the things are just questions, not problems. That's really nice!! I want a laptop that gives my 0 problems that's easy to use.

That depends on what PC forums you go to... this forum is called "Switcher Hangout" so you wouldn't expect to find many problems.

If you are a PC owner, you tend to "hang out" in forums that are unrelated to PC's, and then only go to PC and Windows forums when you actually need help. Hence most posts in PC forums are from people needing help.
Mac users like to "hang out" in mac forums because it's a smaller niche group, almost like a club. But there are plenty of posts about mac problems if you go to the right forums.

I've been posting my own issues over at another PC hardware forum, but they are mainly issues about overclocking. Overclockers are sort of in their own little club too-- how fast can you push your system and keep it stable? That kind of thing. The PC users that just "hang out" in forums are the ones that are really into case modding, overclocking, etc and want to show off their rigs.
QUOTE Thanks
falltime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thud
That depends on what PC forums you go to... this forum is called "Switcher Hangout" so you wouldn't expect to find many problems.

If you are a PC owner, you tend to "hang out" in forums that are unrelated to PC's, and then only go to PC and Windows forums when you actually need help. Hence most posts in PC forums are from people needing help.
Mac users like to "hang out" in mac forums because it's a smaller niche group, almost like a club. But there are plenty of posts about mac problems if you go to the right forums.

I've been posting my own issues over at another PC hardware forum, but they are mainly issues about overclocking. Overclockers are sort of in their own little club too-- how fast can you push your system and keep it stable? That kind of thing. The PC users that just "hang out" in forums are the ones that are really into case modding, overclocking, etc and want to show off their rigs.

Agreed.

Also keep in mind that there are millions of different components that can be used to build a PC. This logically increases of the odds of a user having issues - most of which can't be directly attributed to Windows but often are by misinformed, inexperienced users or staunch (and ignorant), anti-Microsoft activists.

I wouldn't be crazy to say Apple has it a "little" easier - their OS operates on a closed platform with a user base millions of times smaller than Microsofts.
QUOTE Thanks
245_Trioxin

245_Trioxin is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: No specs yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by chance
Not to clog up your thread but I just had to say this.

If you notice in the pc forums, it is full of nothing but problems people are experiencing with windows, hardware, and sofware. In here it seems like everyone is nice, and the majority of the things are just questions, not problems. That's really nice!! I want a laptop that gives my 0 problems that's easy to use. I don't want to spend an hour trying to figure out a complicated task and then worry about messing something up. I just want a computer that is strait forward and rock solid. And people wonder why people LOVE apple so much. This forum changed my mind about apple, but it was too late. I am stuck with 2 new laptops (not apple) and feeling very sad

I wont make the same mistake again. I'm getting an Apple!!
You're lame
QUOTE Thanks
jsb515

what makes him lame ?
QUOTE Thanks
jessica

Quote:
Originally Posted by 245_Trioxin
You're lame
And you're a huge *******...without a cause.

Seriously, most people are nice. There are some that are tards, but for the most part I've found many people to be very helpful and resourceful.
QUOTE Thanks
jsb515

*puts on flame protection suit before posting* lets get back on topic
QUOTE Thanks
245_Trioxin

245_Trioxin is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: No specs yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica
And you're a huge *******...without a cause.
One word: YAWN
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Installing Airport Extreme card | 15 Years Win IT Admin Buys First Mac... »