New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

I Just Discovered iTunes

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

JRV

JRV will become famous soon enough

I just started playing around with iTunes and I have to say I think it's great. I didn't think that I would like it so thats why it took me so long to play around with it. The streaming radio stations are great. I can't beleive the quality. Thumbs up to iTunes.

PS: I'm assuming that there isnt a hidden fee for listening to those stations. I don't remember putting my credit card info in anywhere so they are free right?
QUOTE Thanks
meltbanana314

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRV
PS: I'm assuming that there isnt a hidden fee for listening to those stations. I don't remember putting my credit card info in anywhere so they are free right?
No hidden fees.

Some of the stations at live365 will beg for money because they have too many listeners taking up bandwith, but if you sign up with them then you can listen to the high-quality streams anytime. Being the cheap person that I am, I just listen to the free streams.
QUOTE Thanks
fearlessfreap24

fearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRV
I just started playing around with iTunes and I have to say I think it's great. I didn't think that I would like it so thats why it took me so long to play around with it. The streaming radio stations are great. I can't beleive the quality. Thumbs up to iTunes.

LMAO ROFL, i thought the same thing too, and now i love iTunes

QUOTE Thanks
JRV

whats the deal with buying songs from iTunes? if i buy a song for .99 cents is it mine? can i burn it onto cd's and do what ever i want? or are there extra fees for stuff like that?
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

no, its yours, do what you want with it. there are limits to # of ipods it can be on, cds you can burn it to, etc, but there are ways around that.
there is a lot to learn about itunes, if you need help, were here.
QUOTE Thanks
JRV

thanks. i plan on getting into it so i may have more questions.
QUOTE Thanks
d-funct

I always hated iTunes on the PC compared to something like winamp3 it sucked

But on the mac its great ... go figure
QUOTE Thanks
JRV

i just copied a bunch of mp3s from my pc to a folder on my mac. when i open them in iTunes it makes a folder for it in the iTunes folder and copies it there. how can i not have a ton of folders in my iTunes folder. i would like all my songs in one folder.
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

You'll need to go to in iTunes, Prefrences, Advanced, and uncheck "Keep iTunes Music folder organized". You might need to reimport your files into iTunes, because I don't think you can reverse what happened.
QUOTE Thanks
JRV

got it thanks. what are the check marks next to the songs in iTunes? what happens when you click it on or off?
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

It's either not going to be played by iTunes unless you double click it, if you uncheck the check mark. And iTunes won't transfer the song to your iPod, I think.
QUOTE Thanks
jsb515

jsb515 is on a distinguished road

if you buy a song from itunes and lets say you have a hard drive crash. can you go back and download that song ? or is it a one time download ??
QUOTE Thanks
iDVFH.

Also it the checks apply for when your playing your music..if you have like 100 songs in your library and you want to listen to 10 of them only check the 10 you want and they'll play them only in order
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsb515
if you buy a song from itunes and lets say you have a hard drive crash. can you go back and download that song ? or is it a one time download ??
nope, youd have to repurchase it. or contact apple and see if theyll work with you.
QUOTE Thanks
Thud

I just started playing around with it. I haven't bought any songs yet, but I do have 1 song credit... those pepsi bottlecap things actually work!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« os x updates? | Doing SQL on the Mac »