New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

PaintBrush 2.0 Question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Macxpert

Macxpert is an unknown at this point

Hi, I'm a windows user and just switched to Mac, God do I love Mac now I feel like i was put in a prison by windows with no windows.

Anyways, my issue is when I open a picture to paintbrush, and i take out the sides and bottom if i dont like it, how do i resize the image so that no white appears in the picture when i save it..

I remember with microsoft paint you would just drag the bottom right corner, but you can't do that with paintbrush.

HELP PLEASE.
QUOTE Thanks
iPod Nano

iPod Nano is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6

Paintbrush? Isn't that a windows app? I'm confused!

Chris K.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

If you're taking out sides, then why don't you just crop the image instead of having to deal with white space? You can use the build in Preview to crop images.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
Macxpert

Macxpert is an unknown at this point

what build in prview ? how do i do it?

what i mean is i take a screenshot of my desktop and when i paste it i want to remove the bottom and sides, but doing it on paintbrush it leaves a bunch of white space that you can't resize ..help?
QUOTE Thanks
nabl

nabl has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2.1GHz MacBook with 4GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.6, iLife and iWork 09

If you're wanting to crop a screenshot, it would probably be easier to do just take a screenshot of the area of the screen that you want in the first place. If you simply hit ⇧⌘4 (that's shift-command-4), you get little crosshairs that allow you to pick the region of the screen that you want. If you want to take it of just one window, press that combination first, hit space bar once, then click on the window that you want.

Also, Preview is the built-in photo viewer; it should be in your Applications folder. To crop an image in it, just select the region that you want to crop with the select tool (Tools→Select Tool or ⌘3) and then use Tools→Crop (or ⌘K) .
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac G3 audio output | disabled Java and the next time i launched Safari i had Safari 4 beta »