Thread: New Mac Mini

Smile New Mac Mini
    hey guys, i stumbled upon your website while searching mac stuff on google. Just ordered a mac mini 1.25 Ghz with 512 ram and airport extreme card. Really excited for it, its replacing my dated amd athlon 550Mhz compaq. Never figured i would switch, but after purchasing my ipod and dealing with all the spyware on my pc, i was more than ready to make the move. I've got an xbox for gaming so i figured my the mini was the best move for light daily computing.

anyway i figured i get myself hooked into the pipeline for everything about mac.

by the way, any suggestions for a decent lcd monitor? (about 250 left to spend on monitor)

go to They have tons of monitors and user reviews on each monitor. take a look around. You can get a great 17" flat panel lcd for about $250.00

Looks to be a good one, $250 after rebates...

thanks for the help.....much appreciated......called apple today, my mini is supposed to ship on the 10th, we'll see how true they are to that

o0h man with a little more money you could have scored a Dell 20 inch widescreen like i did for coupons and research rock!!! with free ended on the 24th of last month i have a nice new large monitor but my MINI is still being processed and I am waiting for them to arrive....oh well huh? (i bought a new wireless keyboard and mouse, airport with airtunes router,monitor, office 2004 for MAC-19.95 on a military deal they had for us by M$, with a 1gb stick laying around here too, just waiting for the big apple to send me my MAC.-----sucks kinda, but i bet its worth the wait.)

Stay cool man and good luck on the monitor shopping. its a hard decision to make.

Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
    Personally, I think 17" is just right for a computer screen. 20" is a little big for me, especially for more than twice as much money. And then the 23" and 30" are absolutely obnoxious.
    'cause when it rains, you know it pours.

17" is probably the best size, not too big, not too small. i have to agree that a 20" is a little too large for my uses. i dont want a huge over bearing monitor on my desk, plus paying $400+ on a monitor seems like a waste to me, but thats just me

FYI, make sure you get an LCD w/ DVI input. i've heard the DVI->VGA adapter that comes w/ the mac mini gives you washed out display w/ SOME CRTs.

BTW, i am using it w/ a sony E540 21" CRT and the colors do look a bit washed out compared to my PC. (i have a KVM that switches between the mac mini + PC).

Going to the mac
    I have decided that i'm going to switch to mac but i don't know hat system is best. I leaing twords the mac mini because i heard that it's a good starting point. I"m not going to do super hi deff video editing but a wnat a solid machine. I have working on macs and i like the inface it's much more simple that windows. Also if i would to get the mac mini at the end of the summer will tiger be on that machine. THANKS

Thread Information