Angry microsoft office software
    I live in Australia. I have a Mac OS X 10.5.6
    It has 2.4 ghz intel core 2 duo
    I am looking to purchase a microsoft office program for this computer.
    Microsoft Office 2004 student and teacher edition says that I need a G3 Mac OSX compatible processor.
    Can anyone tell me what version of microsoft office I need

Specs:
    MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
    Do you absolutely need to use Microsoft Office? There are alternatives that are free and are just as good and can read Microsoft Office documents. Open Office is one of them, and then there is Neo Office which is basically Open office that has been ported for the Mac OS X.
    死神はリンゴしか食べない。

No, its just that this is our first mac computer, my husband has all of his files on our old computer which is not a mac, he is currently using microsoft office with word and excel, I have not heard of the programs that you mentioned, I might download them and see how they operate.
    Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    NOTE: Thread moved to appropriate forum. Not just anything goes in Anything Goes
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by kimmyowen View Post
    No, its just that this is our first mac computer, my husband has all of his files on our old computer which is not a mac, he is currently using microsoft office with word and excel, I have not heard of the programs that you mentioned, I might download them and see how they operate.
    Thanks for the info, much appreciated.
    I would definitely check out OpenOffice and/or NeoOffice. Both are fully compatible with MS Office files.

Additionally, Apple's own iWork is a good suite for home users. It is also compatible with MS Office files.

MS Office 2008 for Mac has a security hole in PowerPoint that Microsoft has patched for the Windows version, but has not prioritized for the Mac version (go figure). I would avoid it like the plague it is.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Thread Information