Should I wait to buy?
    I currently have a pc laptop and I'm looking to make the switch to a mac. I'm planning on getting a 13'' macbook, but I don't know if I should wait to buy one. Can I go ahead and buy a macbook or should I wait until after the WWDC? I know there are rumors of a new operating system and I don't want to get a laptop and then have to immediately upgrade to a new OS. I just don't want to be one of the suckers who pays full price for something and then a week later they come out with something even better. Any suggestions?

Specs:
    2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    If you have that logic, you may never buy your laptop. True, Apple could come out with new hardware at WWDC but even if they do, the hardware you get now won't be bad. Also, if SL is given a release date (it won't be released at WWDC), it may very well be far enough off that you would have to buy it full price anyway.
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

Specs:
    13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
    I just got my unibody macbook at the beginning of may/end of april... even if snow leopard comes out/the macbooks get a speed bump... who cares?! THIS THING FLIES! I'm down

I'm in the same position as you rayovac. However, I have decided to wait out May and buy in early June, my reason being that I am a student and I want to cash in on Apple's summer promotion. Also, like you said, I think it's worth a ~25 day wait for a potential speed bump increase on the Macbooks at WWDC.

I'm a student too
    Quote Originally Posted by jascott18 View Post
    I'm in the same position as you rayovac. However, I have decided to wait out May and buy in early June, my reason being that I am a student and I want to cash in on Apple's summer promotion. Also, like you said, I think it's worth a ~25 day wait for a potential speed bump increase on the Macbooks at WWDC.
    What is the summer promotion? I'm a student too and currently the only discount they offer for the Macbook is $50 off and 10% off upgrades. Are they going to have a better deal this summer?

Specs:
    2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayovac View Post
    What is the summer promotion? I'm a student too and currently the only discount they offer for the Macbook is $50 off and 10% off upgrades. Are they going to have a better deal this summer?
    Last year, they offered a "free" iPod with purchase (at least here in Canada). I say "free" because I didn't get reimbursed for the taxes.
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

Quote Originally Posted by Rayovac View Post
    Well, the way I see it is that I can sell any free Ipod I score off the promotion, because the one I have works fine now. That's basically a ~200 dollar discount right there, and also 2-3 weeks seems like a waitable period for a potential speed increase/Snow Leopard release. As far as the actual discount, I don't think it will change at all(still $100 off high end Macbook).

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    NOTE: Thread moved to appropriate forum. Not just anything goes in Anything Goes
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
    Quote Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
    If you have that logic, you may never buy your laptop. True, Apple could come out with new hardware at WWDC but even if they do, the hardware you get now won't be bad. Also, if SL is given a release date (it won't be released at WWDC), it may very well be far enough off that you would have to buy it full price anyway.
    Great piece of advice.
    Member Of The Month for December '08.
    It's only the internet!

Thread Information