Gauvain
    Switcher sweats.....question for a future MINI owner...
    Hey guys ordered a Mini last week. I opted for the 256mb because its so much cheaper on the "outside" to get. I am wondering what kind of places to stay away from for pc3200 or 2700. Also should I even worry about the coolers for the ram that piggy back the stick? Especially because the case for the mini is so small didnt know if the cooler would fit or not.

Anywho I am totally changing everything right now, went for the MAC instead of windows based system, 20 widescreen Dell for 561$ (i was happy with the coupons i found!) and wireless keyboard and mouse, also got today the airport express w/ airtunes. Hopefully everything will work out ok, i was TDY to the desert this year in the summer, and used a MAC 17 inch widescreen laptop for movie watching, loved the O/S and system except for the lack of ram it had...so therefore i want to go a gig because i can....haha

alrighty guys and gals thanks for having me here, and hope to learn as much about the MAC ways here as I can.

Robert

(P.S. I got a great discount on MAC office 2004...military deal from M$ themselves..........19.95...shipped.....)

Specs:
    i dont have no mac's
    crucial.com for the ram...it is like the place to go to get ram if you are on mac-forums.com

the ram should fit just fine, andi do believe you only have one slot for it...although im not too knowlegable about the coolers you speak of...igloo makes some pretty good coolers you can fit a few 12packs in or even a 30 :cool:

Gauvain
    Heatsinks i meant, not really coolers i suppose....

the copper ones or aluminum ones..

roberto

Thud
    Quote Originally Posted by Gauvain
    Heatsinks i meant, not really coolers i suppose....

the copper ones or aluminum ones..

roberto

Heat spreader.... you won't need it unless you are getting some ram for overclocking purposes (and want to run it at 433MHz or something, which the Mini can't do anyway). RAM with a heat spreader might not even fit.

Just get the recommended PC3200 stick from crucial.

Specs:
    iMac late 2007 10.11.b4, iMac 2008 10.10.5, Macbook2007 10.7.5, Mac Mini 10.7.5, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!
    Anand of Anandtech Fourms put some top of the line Cosair with the heat spreaders and they fit! Very tight fit but it did fit and work, but like was already said, just to be sure, Check Crucial and see what they recomend and go with it. If the RAM is too tall it will not fit. The Heat Spreaders don't seem to be a problem. It's more the Height. Go with Crucial. Then you won't make a mistake.

EvoMac
    I recently purchased my mac mini and upgrade it to 1gig of RAM with a heat spreader installed. Here is the link to what I did to give you an idea what it would look like.
    http://www.mac-forums.com/apple-desktops/14758-upgraded-1-gig-mini-pics-posted.html

Gauvain
    thank you!

robert

Gauvain
    What about this type of company

Tell me what you guys think.

Robert

Thread Information