Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1


    Member Since
    May 03, 2009
    Posts
    1
    I can't download torrents on my new mac!
    Help! I can't download torrents on my new mac. I know that it's not the problem with the torrents, because I try it on my PC and they work fine (my MAC and PC are connected to the same internet). Do I have to change the settings on my Mac to enable them to download torrents?

  2. #2


    Member Since
    Oct 14, 2008
    Location
    Leeds/Brighton
    Posts
    104
    Specs:
    2008 MB, 2.1GHz 4GB RAM, 10.5.8
    what torrent client are you using? Transmission is a popular one. I use it myself with no problems.

  3. #3


    Member Since
    Aug 02, 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    29
    You might need to forward some ports to your mac in case you are using a router.
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.
    Bertrand Russell

  4. #4

    mknabster's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 22, 2007
    Posts
    894
    Specs:
    15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
    Quote Originally Posted by heiko_s View Post
    You might need to forward some ports to your mac in case you are using a router.
    I 2nd that, i had to do that with my router for my PCs, i don't trust torrenting on my Mac.
    -Matt

  5. #5

    PKGuy323's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 18, 2009
    Posts
    32
    Using the torrent for legit and legally acceptable reasons, right?

  6. #6

    gagnerants's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 23, 2007
    Location
    Claremont, Ca
    Posts
    847
    Specs:
    iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
    Quote Originally Posted by PKGuy323 View Post
    Using the torrent for legit and legally acceptable reasons, right?
    Seeing as he did not stake so we will be going with that, and secondly I don't think it is right to ask. If he wishes to go into illegally reasons that his and the torrent sites, and ISP problem not ours.

  7. #7

    PKGuy323's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 18, 2009
    Posts
    32
    I respectfully disgree. If someone asks a question that MY answer "could be" used for illegal purpose(which is never my intent), the I have the responsibility to ask before I give information to purport any possible piracy. If it is used for illegal purpose, then I don't want to be a part of the conversation.

    I'm not presuming it, I'm asking it.

    Quote Originally Posted by gagnerants View Post
    Seeing as he did not stake so we will be going with that, and secondly I don't think it is right to ask. If he wishes to go into illegally reasons that his and the torrent sites, and ISP problem not ours.

  8. #8

    gagnerants's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 23, 2007
    Location
    Claremont, Ca
    Posts
    847
    Specs:
    iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
    Just so you know telling someone to google/yahoo/dog pile something could also be providing them the information to possible pirate software and movie. I bet you would be shocked by what you could find with a few key words.

  9. #9

    cwa107's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 20, 2006
    Location
    Lake Mary, Florida
    Posts
    26,841
    Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by PKGuy323 View Post
    I respectfully disgree. If someone asks a question that MY answer "could be" used for illegal purpose(which is never my intent), the I have the responsibility to ask before I give information to purport any possible piracy. If it is used for illegal purpose, then I don't want to be a part of the conversation.

    I'm not presuming it, I'm asking it.
    But it's not relevant to the conversation unless someone explicitly infers that they might be using it for illegal purposes. If you don't want to be part of the conversation because you feel it might be legally dubious, please feel free to use the "!" button to report the post and then move on. That will alert the staff and help us to do our jobs.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

    https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. cant download torrents
    By zhanna in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-11-2011, 04:40 PM
  2. Can't download torrents!!! please help!!!
    By DAM in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-10-2011, 10:42 AM
  3. My Mac does not download torrents nearl as fast as my Windows PC
    By overgrowntroll in forum OS X - Apps and Games
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-13-2009, 04:26 PM
  4. Can't download torrents with Opera
    By qposner in forum OS X - Apps and Games
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-22-2008, 09:02 PM
  5. Why Cant I Download Torrents??
    By calichris in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-11-2007, 09:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •