New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

I can't download torrents on my new mac!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

camzilla

camzilla is on a distinguished road

Help! I can't download torrents on my new mac. I know that it's not the problem with the torrents, because I try it on my PC and they work fine (my MAC and PC are connected to the same internet). Do I have to change the settings on my Mac to enable them to download torrents?
QUOTE Thanks
Stef Andrews

Stef Andrews is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2008 MB, 2.1GHz 4GB RAM, 10.5.8

what torrent client are you using? Transmission is a popular one. I use it myself with no problems.
QUOTE Thanks
heiko_s

heiko_s is on a distinguished road

You might need to forward some ports to your mac in case you are using a router.

The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.
Bertrand Russell
QUOTE Thanks
mknabster

mknabster has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: 15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by heiko_s View Post
You might need to forward some ports to your mac in case you are using a router.
I 2nd that, i had to do that with my router for my PCs, i don't trust torrenting on my Mac.

-Matt
QUOTE Thanks
PKGuy323

PKGuy323 will become famous soon enough

Using the torrent for legit and legally acceptable reasons, right?
QUOTE Thanks
gagnerants

gagnerants is a jewel in the roughgagnerants is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKGuy323 View Post
Using the torrent for legit and legally acceptable reasons, right?
Seeing as he did not stake so we will be going with that, and secondly I don't think it is right to ask. If he wishes to go into illegally reasons that his and the torrent sites, and ISP problem not ours.
QUOTE Thanks
PKGuy323

PKGuy323 will become famous soon enough

I respectfully disgree. If someone asks a question that MY answer "could be" used for illegal purpose(which is never my intent), the I have the responsibility to ask before I give information to purport any possible piracy. If it is used for illegal purpose, then I don't want to be a part of the conversation.

I'm not presuming it, I'm asking it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagnerants View Post
Seeing as he did not stake so we will be going with that, and secondly I don't think it is right to ask. If he wishes to go into illegally reasons that his and the torrent sites, and ISP problem not ours.
QUOTE Thanks
gagnerants

gagnerants is a jewel in the roughgagnerants is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro

Just so you know telling someone to google/yahoo/dog pile something could also be providing them the information to possible pirate software and movie. I bet you would be shocked by what you could find with a few key words.
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKGuy323 View Post
I respectfully disgree. If someone asks a question that MY answer "could be" used for illegal purpose(which is never my intent), the I have the responsibility to ask before I give information to purport any possible piracy. If it is used for illegal purpose, then I don't want to be a part of the conversation.

I'm not presuming it, I'm asking it.
But it's not relevant to the conversation unless someone explicitly infers that they might be using it for illegal purposes. If you don't want to be part of the conversation because you feel it might be legally dubious, please feel free to use the "!" button to report the post and then move on. That will alert the staff and help us to do our jobs.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Limewire 5 issue (Java software problem) | Worth it? »