2.6Ghz Macbook Pro 15inch, and loving it more and more everyday.
    Macbook Pro or Macbook?
    I would really like some advice,

I'm currently have a 2.0ghz White Macbook from early 2008, I'm going into an intensive Mixed Media course I'm planning on a Macbook Pro or at least a 2.4ghz Macbook, financially I think I might not be able to afford paying for the Macbook Pro, but upon looking at the Malaysian Apple Website, the 2.4ghz Alu Macbook and the Macbook Pro has the same specs besides the Graphics card & Screen size. In this current economy, I am very worried about investing in a $7,199 Macbook Pro, The 2.4ghz Alu Macbook is going at $5,899. Thats a $1,300 difference for the graphic card and bigger screen size.

( An average Malaysian earns about 2.7k a month, A very basic car would cost you about $20,000 here in Malaysia ).

Would love hear to everyone's thoughts on this, Thanks.

Lake Mary, Florida
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    My opinion? 400MHz is really not that big of a difference. If you're going to be using GPU intensive applications, then it might be worth it. Otherwise, I think I'd wait and see what you're up against in the class. Meanwhile, save your money just in case you do need an upgrade.

It's always better to wait if you do not need a new machine right now.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

2013 MBA 13" - OS X 10.11
    Do you mean $ or ringit ?
    A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
    The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Macbook Alu 13.3 Inch , 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 duo , 2.2gb 667 DDR2 SDRAM & Ipod Touch 16gb
    Clicked post accidentally, decided not to post.

Can this be deleted? Thanks.

MBP 2.33 4GB: MacPro 8 Core 2.8, 16GB: MacMini 2.26 4GB: MacMin 2.53 4GB: iPhone3GS 32GB
    With a limited budget, have you thought about checking into getting a used or older MBP. You can probably get a nice upgrade from your current laptop for less if you look around a bit rather than getting something brand new.

Thread Information