New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Battery Life & waking from sleep mode

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Billys95

Hello everyone, this is my first post!!! Just switched to Mac & love it! :cool: Just wondering why, when charged, my battery life is never 100% & I have calibrated it exactly how I was meant to. Also, when I've left the laptop for a while & try to wake it from sleep mode, sometimes nothing happens. The screen lamp is on (although it is still black...if u know what I mean) but no login box opens up so I have to hold down the power button to turn the laptop off.

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

1. Are you sure it's never 100%? Usually it will charge up to 100%, and then not charge again until it dips below 95%. If you leave it plugged in, it will spend a lot of time between 99% and 96%, but will return to 100% when discharged significantly and then recharged.

2. Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. So does Apple.
Quote:
...an issue in which a PowerBook G4 computer would, on rare occasion, wake from sleep with a black screen and not respond to any keyboard, mouse, or trackpad input.
(From the 10.3.8 update description at http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=300569)
Supposedly, the update helps. I've had it happen once since the update, though. Presumably they're still workiing on it.
QUOTE Thanks
oldnews

oldnews is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook 2.0ghz, Ibook G4 1.33ghz, Powerbook Lombard 333mhz

My Ibook never reaches 100% it only reaches 99% and when I clicked on the 99% it says the battery is fully charged. I too calibrated my battery.
QUOTE Thanks
IChing

Mine does the same, I use the time icon now . I think that it is not an issue on the 99%, some report that using a surge protector gets this reading, however mine sometimes gets 100% and 99% depending on the electrical outlet I use.
Strange but no worries.
QUOTE Thanks
Billys95

Quote:
1. Are you sure it's never 100%? Usually it will charge up to 100%, and then not charge again until it dips below 95%.
I think ur rite, it does charge to 100% when u let it discharge. Thanks 4 that.

Quote:
(From the 10.3.8 update description at http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=300569)
Supposedly, the update helps. I've had it happen once since the update, though. Presumably they're still workiing on it.
I also have the most up-to-date software but the problem waking from sleep mode still persists....I hope apple sort this out....is there a way of notifying them that the problem is still not fixed with their update?

Thanks for ur replys :cool:
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Permissions on External Drives | I switched... closing windows? »