Billys95
    Battery Life & waking from sleep mode
    Hello everyone, this is my first post!!! Just switched to Mac & love it! :cool: Just wondering why, when charged, my battery life is never 100% & I have calibrated it exactly how I was meant to. Also, when I've left the laptop for a while & try to wake it from sleep mode, sometimes nothing happens. The screen lamp is on (although it is still black...if u know what I mean) but no login box opens up so I have to hold down the power button to turn the laptop off.

Thanks

Specs:
    12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
    1. Are you sure it's never 100%? Usually it will charge up to 100%, and then not charge again until it dips below 95%. If you leave it plugged in, it will spend a lot of time between 99% and 96%, but will return to 100% when discharged significantly and then recharged.

2. Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. So does Apple.
    ...an issue in which a PowerBook G4 computer would, on rare occasion, wake from sleep with a black screen and not respond to any keyboard, mouse, or trackpad input.
    (From the 10.3.8 update description at http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=300569)
    Supposedly, the update helps. I've had it happen once since the update, though. Presumably they're still workiing on it.

Specs:
    Macbook 2.0ghz, Ibook G4 1.33ghz, Powerbook Lombard 333mhz
    My Ibook never reaches 100% it only reaches 99% and when I clicked on the 99% it says the battery is fully charged. I too calibrated my battery.

IChing
    Mine does the same, I use the time icon now . I think that it is not an issue on the 99%, some report that using a surge protector gets this reading, however mine sometimes gets 100% and 99% depending on the electrical outlet I use.
    Strange but no worries.

Billys95
    1. Are you sure it's never 100%? Usually it will charge up to 100%, and then not charge again until it dips below 95%.
    I think ur rite, it does charge to 100% when u let it discharge. Thanks 4 that.

(From the 10.3.8 update description at http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=300569)
    Supposedly, the update helps. I've had it happen once since the update, though. Presumably they're still workiing on it.
    I also have the most up-to-date software but the problem waking from sleep mode still persists....I hope apple sort this out....is there a way of notifying them that the problem is still not fixed with their update?

Thanks for ur replys :cool:

Thread Information