MacBook or MacBook Pro?

MacBook or MacBook Pro for audio recording?
    Is it worth spending the extra cash to buy a MacBook Pro over a MacBook, is the performance noticable? I'll be working mainly in Protools.

Also it be best to go for the higher RAM option and would the 2.4GHz version be much better than the 2GHz?

Thanks for your help, I no nothing about macs at all but need to get one for uni!

MacBook or MacBook Pro?
    Specs:
    Mac Mini - 2.26 Ghz C2D - 2 GB RAM - 160 GB HDD
    There is a very similar thread on the forum here somewhere, but I'll reiterate what I said in that thread.

First thing's first, if you have the money: go Pro.

That said the Macbook is powerful enough to handle Logic. The main functional difference between the Macbook and the Pro is the Firewire port. Many people like to have Firewire for their audio interfaces, but if you're using Pro Tools the M-Box 2 is USB anyway. So, if you don't plan on using Firewire equipment, then the Macbook would be a fine choice if you're looking to save some cash.

As far as 2.0 Ghz vs. 2.4 Ghz, again, if you have the money, more power is always better, though both are fine computers.
    The Mind of Q
    ^ Click the MUSIC tab if you like Hip-Hop!

MacBook or MacBook Pro?

Thumbs up Re :
    as much as i know about difference between the Macbook and the Pro.. is i have read that the Macbook is cheap and the Pro is little costly...

-----------------------
    Online Discount Barnes and noble coupons.

" Everyone needs... to be needed."

MacBook or MacBook Pro?

MacBook or MacBook Pro?
    I'm a complete mac newbie but need one for uni in september. I'll be using it mainly for recording music and typing documents, I was just wondering what macbook i should go for? I'm also confused by all the specifications you can order it with ie, 2Ghz or 2.4 and dont have a clue whether the performance difference is worth the extra cash! Any advice would be greatly received!

MacBook or MacBook Pro?

Specs:
    Mac Pro 14gb ram 24" LED Cd & 23" Cd
    Just get a 2.4 macbook.
    Only when you understand why you dismiss all other gods, will you then realize why I dismiss yours

-MacPro-Macbook Air-IMac-Mac Mini-Powerbook Ti-

MacBook or MacBook Pro?

Quote Originally Posted by Blizare View Post
    Just get a 2.4 macbook.
    Agreed, get the 2.4Ghz one. It has a backlit keyboard, more hard drive space and more processing power. Btw, the 2Ghz one doesn't have a backlit keyboard. Get it with 4GB RAM too. You'll be very pleased with it and it'll last a long time.

MacBook or MacBook Pro?
    Specs:
    MacBook
    There is a very similar thread on the forum here somewhere,
    There are several, actually.
    Here are just a few:

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/app...eeds-help.html

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/app...cbook-pro.html

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/swi...cbook-pro.html

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

MacBook or MacBook Pro?

Would that lack of firewire on the Macbook be detrimental to its ability to record music??

MacBook or MacBook Pro?

Specs:
    13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
    Honestly, no, not if you're not opposed to recording directly to your hard drive and then moving project files to a different location via USB, and then back again when you want to work with them.

You can always put a 320gig hard drive in your laptop (I'll probably hold out for a 500 gig one in a year or so and just stick with the 160 that comes built into the low end model) if it bothers you to have to move files.

MacBook or MacBook Pro?

Quote Originally Posted by Josimojo View Post
    Would that lack of firewire on the Macbook be detrimental to its ability to record music??
    Everyone seems to be complaining about Firewire. It really isn't that big a deal. USB 3.0 will be coming out in a year's time and will be as fast as, if not faster than, Firewire 800. It does suck that Apple dropped support for it on the Macbook for all those who have Firewire items. You'll be fine without Firewire though.

MacBook or MacBook Pro?
    Specs:
    2008 15" MBP Yosemite, 2012 21.5" iMac Yosemite
    Smile
    First of all, do not get the 4gb Ram. Major price mark-up from Apple. Just do it yourself. Sooo easy and waaayyy cheaper.
    I have the macbook pro, but it is for video editing and I needed the better performance. If you only need it for basic use just get the macbook.

Thread Information