New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Apple care Question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Horsfall

Horsfall is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" Macbook aluminium, 2.4ghz, 250gb hard drive

I recently purchased a unibody macbook 2.4 with the extended applecare from the applestore and when i received my macbook i got an applecare disk with it. what is the disk for? do i have to run it on my macbook to register my apple care? thanks in advance
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Your AppleCare is already registered if you purchased it at an Apple Store.

Apple - Support - AppleCare - FAQs

Q: When I purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan, do I need to register it?

A: If you purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan at the same time as your Mac, iPhone, iPod, Apple TV, or Apple display from the online Apple Store, Apple will register the AppleCare Protection Plan for you. If you purchase your AppleCare Protection Plan and your covered product separately or elsewhere, you will need to register your AppleCare Protection Plan.

Your AppleCare Protection Plan coverage starts from your hardware purchase date. Registering your AppleCare Protection Plan at a later date does not extend your coverage. In fact, there are many benefits to registering your AppleCare Protection Plan as soon as you purchase it.

For example, after you register, Apple will have your hardware, AppleCare Protection Plan, and personal contact information on file. When you contact Apple for service or support, Apple can access your information right away and start addressing your issue, rather than spending time verifying your eligibility.

Q: How do I register my AppleCare Protection Plan?

A: If you purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan at the same time as your Mac, iPhone, iPod, Apple TV, or Apple display from the online Apple Store, Apple will register the AppleCare Protection Plan for you. If you purchase your AppleCare Protection Plan and your covered product separately or elsewhere, you can register your AppleCare Protection Plan at Apple - Support - AppleCare Products Overview or contact Apple at the phone number included in your AppleCare Protection Plan package. Easy-to-follow instructions are also included with your AppleCare Protection Plan package.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Scrolling shortcut, spotlight attachments, keyboard macros | Transferring Applecare without Documentation? »