New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Got my Powerbook today :)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

el-scotto

Well like the title says I got a powerbook today My first mac ever, and first experience on it also :p

Got a question though, and im sure I will have more to come. How do I get rid of icons and programs that are on the dock, like safari mail and ichat i dont really see myself using at all
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

Just drag them off of the dock

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
el-scotto

hehe thanks
QUOTE Thanks
ryanmt

ryanmt is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Apple iMAC Core Duo (20"/1gb/250/SD/BT/AP)

you should give those programs a try! They are really great!!!
QUOTE Thanks
el-scotto

lol ok ok I will :p

some other questions.....Playing World of Warcraft is there an ALT-TAB method so i can switch between programs quickly? Also anyone know of a way to take screen shots in this game it was Print Screen I think in windows...

*edit* and how can i rename a file?
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

witeshark will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7

If you like good browser goood e-mail client and have an AIM account, you're gonna drag 'em right back. Congratz though! Best program switching = Expose, F9
QUOTE Thanks
xthisisRomancex

take screen on you power book hit shift+command(apple)+3 itwill place the pic on your desktop as a PDF..
QUOTE Thanks
el-scotto

I've heard of another good browser for macs but I forget what its called, I think it began with a C....Camino maybe? Plus I heard Adium was pretty much the best for macs?
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

To Rename files you either Left click on the name and it will turn highlighted and then you can type in the new name or right click and click Get Info. You can change the name both ways. I think the Print Screen is the SHIFT, Apple Key 3. That takes a full screen shot and saves it to the desktop as a PDF. If you want a JPG open it in Preview and then export it and tell it the filetype. If you want to define the area you want to capture hit SHIFT-APPLE-4 and you can select the area you want captured. Shift-Apple-5 does another Capture for I never have used it and forget what it is.

OS X.3 has a wide range of options for taking screenshots. I always manage to forget what they are, so I am listing them here for reference.

Screen to file : Shift-APPLE-3

Screen to clipboard : Ctrl-Shift-APPLE-3

Crosshair screen selection to file : Shift-APPLE-4

Crosshair screen selection to clipboard : Ctrl-Shift-APPLE-4

Window to file : Spacebar after Shift-APPLE-4 []
QUOTE Thanks
el-scotto

ok im a little confused as to how to use Expose to switch between World of Warcraft and Adium....also another question, is there a good free program I can use to record and make a video of the game? kind of like fraps but for macs?
QUOTE Thanks
el-scotto

What can I use to clean my screen? This is my first lcd and dont want to ruin it :p
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Anything like Dashboard??? | Need help quickly b4 I go mad!!! »