New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

I made the switch! Bluetooth mouse?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dkopp1961

My new Powerbook is on the way! :cool: I did a search on the forum for the Radtech BT-500 Bluetooth mouse with no results. Has anyone used this mouse? I really would prefer bluetooth over usb, and from what I have read the Apple one clicker is not functional.

Thank you for your help,

Dave
QUOTE Thanks
Thud

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkopp1961
My new Powerbook is on the way! :cool: I did a search on the forum for the Radtech BT-500 Bluetooth mouse with no results. Has anyone used this mouse? I really would prefer bluetooth over usb, and from what I have read the Apple one clicker is not functional.

Thank you for your help,

Dave

For me that mouse is way too small to use all the time but I guess it's a good match for a powerbook.

A lot of people have the Kensington bluetooth mouse, and the Logitech Mx700, and both seem to work pretty well. Logitech doesn't officially have mac drivers yet though.
QUOTE Thanks
mojo17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkopp1961

Thank you for your help,

Dave
I have that mouse and have been satisfied with it. It is small, but thats the point. Otherwise I could use a regular usb mouse.
QUOTE Thanks
killer_bites

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thud
Logitech doesn't officially have mac drivers yet though.
So there is support? Does the OS just detect? i have the bluetooth keyboard and mouse, but im thinking i could just use the mouse?
QUOTE Thanks
MichaelSullivan

here's one that looks just like the apple mouse, but has two buttons plus a scroll wheel.
http://www.dvforge.com/themousebt.shtml
QUOTE Thanks
pkny

pkny is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: stock 17" 2.8ghz unibody mbp.

i use the apple b/t mouse - its ok - but there's no scrolling.. but since i have the track scroll function on my pbook i just use my left hand for scrolling and type at the same time
QUOTE Thanks
Meyvn

Meyvn will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM

I personally like the Apple BT mouse, but if you're used to the two-button with scroll wheel, I think that dvforge.com's The Mouse BT with Mac designs, two buttons, and a scroll wheel, with bluetooth functionality is a great alternative (linked in another's post above). I've been using it for a few weeks now and I really like it overall, even if it's not flawless. You should be able to use your Radtech mouse if you really want it. OS X tends to be unbelievably good about not needing drivers and such.

'cause when it rains, you know it pours.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Sharing Options | Apple delivery times »