New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

 
Start a Discussion
 

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

OS X questions?


Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

 
Thread Tools
msc20
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

I am planning on buying my Mac in May/June and wanted to know that if for some reason Tiger wont come out until, say, Aug/Sep, what is the process to update from Panther to Tiger? Does it cost anything, changes data...etc? Or should I just wait it out a couple more months? Thanks in advance.

Mike C
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

 
Macman's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 30, 2004
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 4,374
Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

Macman is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by msc20
I am planning on buying my Mac in May/June and wanted to know that if for some reason Tiger wont come out until, say, Aug/Sep, what is the process to update from Panther to Tiger? Does it cost anything, changes data...etc? Or should I just wait it out a couple more months? Thanks in advance.

Mike C
it should be out before may, if you buy after tiger comes out, itll come with it, if you buy after, itll call $130 to purchase a full version
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

 
Member Since: Jul 22, 2003
Location: Hamilton College
Posts: 7,003
trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

trpnmonkey41 is offline
I think it is safe to say Tiger will be out by the end of June at the latest. It is worth the wait because it is usually 100 dollars to upgrade

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe


« OS question | Processor Speed Question »
Thread Tools

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
About to switch, a few questions (AIM and such) Ford Prefect Switcher Hangout 8 02-07-2005 10:38 PM
Questions about Apple Protection Plan edokid Switcher Hangout 6 10-19-2004 05:11 PM
Fears and Questions - Upgrading from OS9 to OSX Panther RamonMedina OS X - Operating System 2 01-03-2004 08:05 PM
Maybe! Switching to Mac, A few questions please! Makyz Switcher Hangout 2 10-15-2003 04:23 PM
Mac Newbie with some Advanced questions CannonFotter Switcher Hangout 5 09-08-2003 11:55 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
X

Welcome to Mac-Forums.com

Create your username to jump into the discussion!

New members like you have made this community the ultimate source for your Mac since 2003!


(4 digit year)

Already a member?