New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Web Browser???

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

zap2

What Browser do you use to surf the web???

I normal use Firefox but I was think about trying out another one [just so I could try something new] What should i use?? Are Camino or Mozilla any good??

Thanks

PS Please do not say use Safari or Explorer i already have them do do not like them that much.
QUOTE Thanks
killer_bites

Quote:
Originally Posted by zap2
What Browser do you use to surf the web???

I normal use Firefox but I was think about trying out another one [just so I could try something new] What should i use?? Are Camino or Mozilla any good??

Thanks

PS Please do not say use Safari or Explorer i already have them do do not like them that much.
What don't you like about them? Explorer on the Mac is beyond rubbish. Apple claim Safari has the fastest rendering on the Mac, but i have found Firefox on both the PC and Mac to produce fast results. Im a web developer though, so i have to use all of them

Have you tried Opera?
QUOTE Thanks
nbn22385

I tried Firefox for about a day but i have been using Camino as my default since then. I occasionally use Safari but Camino is my favorite.
QUOTE Thanks
Meyvn

Meyvn will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM

Please don't say the word 'Opera' in context with Macs. Please! IE, Opera, and iCab are essentially worthless for Macs, from bad to worst in that order. It was valiant of Opera to try so late in the OS X browsing game, but it just doesn't cut it. IE was cutting edge when it was virtually the only option for OS X, and iCab is basically an OS 9 port. 'Nuff said there. My personal favorites are Camino and Shiira. Camino has the Gecko (Firefox/Mozilla/Netscape) rendering engine, with a beautiful cocoa interface. It's got some bugs but I love it. Shiira uses webkit like Safari, is faster than Safari, and has some other small features that I like (such as a downloads/bookmarks drawer and re-orderable tabs). Both Camino and Shiira have very nice UI in general. Additionally, Shiira has some cool options standard in its preferences, and ones you can get with Camino ExtraPrefs that enhance browsing experience a good deal. (Namely, pipelining enabled and agent spoofing.) Firefox is nice, but I like the way one developer at MoFo put it: "Whenever I'm using Firefox for OS X, I get the feeling I'm using a program that's pretending really hard to be a native Mac app."

Edit: Also, if you're looking for a goofy little browsing option that has some novel features, go to Sunrisebrowser.com and give that one a shot. It's got the ability to use transparent windows, and some other HTML source stuff that's kinda weird but neat.

'cause when it rains, you know it pours.
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

I used to use Firefox and Safari but I recently tried Camino and I haven't used those others since. I suggest you give it a try.
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

I mostly used safari, but recently switched to FF. omniweb is another good one. lately, FF has given me problems, so Im back to safari or omniweb.
QUOTE Thanks
Ford Prefect

I just got my new PB two days ago, and I've found that Firefox for Mac is not as good as it was on my PC. I've been using Safari, and I find it fast and very nice to look at. The inteface is great. The only thing I wish it had was mouse gestures!
QUOTE Thanks
ajresovsky

ajresovsky is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.93GHz Quad-core Intel Xeon processor RuningSnoLeopard v 10.6.4 DDRe

'Ya know, it's a 'personal" thing. Safari, Foxfiire seem to be dominant, but
it seems we all have our favorite. Use what works! :spook:

A-a-h Yes, A Computer without windows, is like a fish
without a bicycle, :mad:
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I Thought Mac Applications Weren't Supposed to Crash | Slow airport transfer over network please help! »