maverick2k
    Smile One more switcher story...PC to MAC for good!
    I feel I have wasted all my years of computer experience grinding with pc's
    Finally I feel I am where I was meant to be...(after so long)

It started off with an ipod and my first experience with itunes. That very day I was hooked to all that had apple written on it. I literally threw my pc away for a song and bought the 14" ibook. I am an architect and have to use AutoCAD regularly but even that didn't prevent me from purchasing the most beautiful piece of machine I have ever seen. Can always run the CAD on virtual PC right!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

I have certain questions regarding my jewel. Do I need to use a keyboard cover to prevent dust gettin in? Where can I get some free anti virus software for the ibook?(have already tried download.com without much help)

I am also tryin to get one of my frens to convert too...Can't help it, its contagious. :bone:

Hope ya all will help me out in gettin aquainted.[COLOR=RoyalBlue]

meltbanana314
    1. For your keyboard: http://www.iskin.com/protouch_PB1.html
    2. You don't need antivirus software. Macs do not get viruses or spyware.

Welcome!

jessica
    maverick2k autodesk doesn't offer autocad for the mac? when I spoke to them a few years back about architectural desktop running on a mac they said by 2003 they'd have it.

maverick2k
    Quote Originally Posted by jessica
    maverick2k autodesk doesn't offer autocad for the mac? when I spoke to them a few years back about architectural desktop running on a mac they said by 2003 they'd have it.
    Hi,
    could you tell me about the performance of the AutoCAD2000 or above in a virtual PC software environment. What kind of RAM does one need to make it faster and if installing Win 98, NT etc instead of WinXP would improve the performance of the CAD software?

Specs:
    14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick2k
    Hi,
    could you tell me about the performance of the AutoCAD2000 or above in a virtual PC software environment. What kind of RAM does one need to make it faster and if installing Win 98, NT etc instead of WinXP would improve the performance of the CAD software?
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you're most likely going to be very displeased with the performance of AC using Virtual PC on your iBook. I would suggest finding an OS X native CAD program unless you absolutely 100% must use AutoCAD. In that case, you'll save yourself a lot of aggravation by acquiring a PC to run it on instead of trying to use Virtual PC on your Mac.
    ~ Support the LANCE ARMSTRONG FOUNDATION -- LAF.org ~

Do you drive a Civic, Del Sol, or Integra & want more power & tighter steering feel? Click here for my inexpensive DIY Power-Steering Removal Kits.

Specs:
    Power Mac G4 Sonnet 1.0 512 Ram 10.3.6
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick2k
    I feel I have wasted all my years of computer experience grinding with pc's
    Finally I feel I am where I was meant to be...(after so long)

It started off with an ipod and my first experience with itunes. That very day I was hooked to all that had apple written on it. I literally threw my pc away for a song and bought the 14" ibook. I am an architect and have to use AutoCAD regularly but even that didn't prevent me from purchasing the most beautiful piece of machine I have ever seen. Can always run the CAD on virtual PC right!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

I have certain questions regarding my jewel. Do I need to use a keyboard cover to prevent dust gettin in? Where can I get some free anti virus software for the ibook?(have already tried download.com without much help)

I am also tryin to get one of my frens to convert too...Can't help it, its contagious. :bone:

Hope ya all will help me out in gettin aquainted.[COLOR=RoyalBlue]
    Speaking of CAD software for Macs. You might wanna check into Vectorworks. From what I hear they offer a competive program and very affordable. It's compatible on either Mac or Windows. Check out the website vectorworks.net

Thread Information