New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Why do mac video cards suck?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Texasmeat

Texasmeat is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mid-2011 MBP 13" i5

I have a new powermac g5 single 1.8 and have been trying to find an agp video card with svideo out. They do not exist other than the 64mb radeon 8500. What gives? Is there a better way to watch video on your tv for macs or something?
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasmeat
I have a new powermac g5 single 1.8 and have been trying to find an agp video card with svideo out. They do not exist other than the 64mb radeon 8500. What gives? Is there a better way to watch video on your tv for macs or something?
No need for a new video card
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL....6.25.7.11.4.3
QUOTE Thanks
shaun89

shaun89 will become famous soon enough

thats if he has a Computer to TV adapter thing.
QUOTE Thanks
dan828

dan828 is a jewel in the roughdan828 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iPad 32 GB 3G

Quote:
The Apple DVI to Video Adapter was designed specifically to allow Mac mini and Power Mac G5 systems users to connect from the DVI port to S-video or Composite video devices such as TVs, VCRs, or overhead projectors with S-Video or RCA (Composite) connectors. The Apple DVI to Video Adapter is designed to work with the DVI port on the Mac mini and Power Mac G5 systems only.
should work fine-- it goes right from DVI to s-video.
QUOTE Thanks
Avid6eek

Avid6eek is an unknown at this point

Apple has such a small share of the market, not much money goes into developing video cards for Macs. It is much more lucrative to build video cards for PCs. That would explain the lack of options.

Desktop Specs: Core 2 Quad Q6600@ 4.0Ghz | Asus P5E X38 Motherboard | 4GB PC8000 DDRII | EVGA GeForce 8800GTX | CL x-Fi Fatal1ty | 4 x Hitachi 73GB 15,000rpm SAS HDs (RAID 0) | Adaptec 3805 SAS Controller | Dual Sony 16X DVD-RWs | Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW 24" LCD | Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speakers
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Still waiting!Any suggestions? | Apple's Attention To Graphics »