Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Should I Wait?

  1. #1
    Question Should I Wait?

    About to buy a G5 DP2.5 but wondering should I hold off untill the end of March to see if Tiger is released and if any HW updates follow? I realise it unlikely we will see a new proc but might we see SATA2, PCI-Express, etc?

    I presume if I buy now and Tiger is launched March 30th I have to pay for the upgrade?

    Any input?

  2. #2

    Aptmunich's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 09, 2004
    Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
    Yes you would have to pay for the upgrade, and yes I would wait.

    The powermac is fairly old and definitely needs an upgrade soon! I'm guessing WWDC '05 at the latest (i.e. June) or around April when tiger might be released.

  3. #3
    Thanks Aptmunich. Anyone else have an opinion?

  4. #4

    Member Since
    Sep 30, 2004
    I would wait if you can.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Wait, wait, wait, crash...on boot.
    By ohmandd in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-15-2011, 10:15 AM
  2. To wait, or not to wait? That is the question...
    By ogacon in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-21-2008, 01:20 PM
  3. Purchasing: To wait or not to wait
    By mac2k in forum Apple Desktops
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-28-2007, 11:07 PM
  4. MacBook Pro - To wait or not to wait?
    By Spicky in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 05-15-2006, 12:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts