Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Powerbook Case...
    What kind of laptop sleeve/ case do you use? Links/prices would be good.

I'm planning on re-using my Swiss army messenger bag, with the Swiss Army CS2 laptop sleeve for a 15" PB.

CS2 Sleeve $40 USD:

Matterhorn Messenger Bag $65 USD:

I was considering this because I heard that the keys leave marks on the screen....i kind of hope not, but I read it:

Then this:

Or this:

I'd love feedback on which sleeves are better because I plan on carrying it in a backpack some days and a messenger bag other days. Either way I can't get away with just a laptop case because I go to college.

But nonetheless my powerbook hasn't even shipped yet.

Arlington Heights, IL USA
    17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
    I use all 3 of the products that jessica pictured with my PowerBook, not only does it keep it nice and safe but it makes it look even cooler than it already is.
    Looking for a PowerMac G4 for $500 or less USD.

The third sleeve (the "Glove") may protect the finish of the laptop, but it's not going to protect the laptop from bumps and jarring. If your going to move your laptop between different bags, you'll want to pay more attention to the type of sleeve you purchase.

Using a bag, a sleeve, and 'glove' just seems impractical to me. I don't want to feel like I'm unwrapping a gift everytime I need to use my laptop! I treat my laptops like an NFL running back: Put the pads on, and lets play!

The reason I purchased my Swiss Army CS2 sleeve a year ago, is that I don't cradle my laptops in my lap... I move them around a lot. I wanted a sleeve that really protected the laptop, instead of just encasing it. The key points of the CS2 sleeve, that sold me were:

1. Cross-suspended elastic bands below the laptop tightly secure the case during impact.
    2. Povides unsurpassed shock impact protection from falls and other rough contact.
    3. Hard ABS plastic case protects laptop from impact at all angles.
    4. Designed to hold laptops up to 15 wide.
    5. Fits in most briefcases, bags, or carry alone with shoulder strap.

of course, this one is very affordible:

Hah! That is so cool! <grin>

20" Rev. A G5 iMac w/1 GB RAM
    Another Option
    More of the sleeve variety, but you might also want to check out:

This kind of product protects the screen. I would then also put it in something more sturdy as others have suggested. My briefcase has a padded sleeve which supports/suspends the computer.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Makes me glad I have a PC laptop, it was so cheap and depreciated so fast that I never could justify spending money on an elaborate case for it. If I had an iBook or something with a decent resale value I would get the a Shinza sleeve for it, just look at the shock absorbtion comparison test -

Ibook g4 1.33, 768 ram
    what is the second case that jessica posted. that looks pretty good.

I bought the glove, the second case I posted. I am writing a review on it, it is wonderful. I was going to wait to post it though because I want to take photos of it and my powerbook isn't getting here until monday. And I checked out that glove for the screen at Shinza...hahaha if you're looking for me, I'll be the chick that looks like this:

This is the sleeve I use to protect my PB:

Tucano Second Skin

& this is the bag I use to carry it:

Incase Sling

I purchased both from The Apple Store (UK). :headphone

London, UK
    MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram
    If I had a Powerbook I would go for something like this:

Acme Made

I use this one. It's made of a ballistic nylon weave and it's very tough. I travel all over the world so I need something that will take some abuse. The website is

I've been using this to carry my 12in ibook to college for 2 years now, highly recommended!

Guest , and for ipods: foofpods

Thread Information