New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Powerbook Case...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MichaelSullivan

What kind of laptop sleeve/ case do you use? Links/prices would be good.

I'm planning on re-using my Swiss army messenger bag, with the Swiss Army CS2 laptop sleeve for a 15" PB.

CS2 Sleeve $40 USD: http://www.swissarmytravelgear.com/w...97&category=59

Matterhorn Messenger Bag $65 USD: http://www.swissarmytravelgear.com/w...48&category=49
QUOTE Thanks
jessica

I was considering this because I heard that the keys leave marks on the screen....i kind of hope not, but I read it:

Then this:

Or this:

I'd love feedback on which sleeves are better because I plan on carrying it in a backpack some days and a messenger bag other days. Either way I can't get away with just a laptop case because I go to college.

But nonetheless my powerbook hasn't even shipped yet.
QUOTE Thanks
rberry88

rberry88 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook

I use all 3 of the products that jessica pictured with my PowerBook, not only does it keep it nice and safe but it makes it look even cooler than it already is.

Looking for a PowerMac G4 for $500 or less USD.
QUOTE Thanks
MichaelSullivan

The third sleeve (the "Glove") may protect the finish of the laptop, but it's not going to protect the laptop from bumps and jarring. If your going to move your laptop between different bags, you'll want to pay more attention to the type of sleeve you purchase.

Using a bag, a sleeve, and 'glove' just seems impractical to me. I don't want to feel like I'm unwrapping a gift everytime I need to use my laptop! I treat my laptops like an NFL running back: Put the pads on, and lets play!

The reason I purchased my Swiss Army CS2 sleeve a year ago, is that I don't cradle my laptops in my lap... I move them around a lot. I wanted a sleeve that really protected the laptop, instead of just encasing it. The key points of the CS2 sleeve, that sold me were:

1. Cross-suspended elastic bands below the laptop tightly secure the case during impact.
2. Povides unsurpassed shock impact protection from falls and other rough contact.
3. Hard ABS plastic case protects laptop from impact at all angles.
4. Designed to hold laptops up to 15 wide.
5. Fits in most briefcases, bags, or carry alone with shoulder strap.
QUOTE Thanks
MichaelSullivan

of course, this one is very affordible: http://www.humanbeans.net/powerpizza/

QUOTE Thanks
i2oadi2unnei2

Hah! That is so cool! <grin>
QUOTE Thanks
Whiteshark

Whiteshark is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" Rev. A G5 iMac w/1 GB RAM

More of the sleeve variety, but you might also want to check out:

Screensleeve

This kind of product protects the screen. I would then also put it in something more sturdy as others have suggested. My briefcase has a padded sleeve which supports/suspends the computer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screensleeve_r2_c3.jpg (30.9 KB, 29 views)
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

Makes me glad I have a PC laptop, it was so cheap and depreciated so fast that I never could justify spending money on an elaborate case for it. If I had an iBook or something with a decent resale value I would get the a Shinza sleeve for it, just look at the shock absorbtion comparison test - http://shinza.com/product_info.php?products_id=45
QUOTE Thanks
macman88

macman88 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Ibook g4 1.33, 768 ram

what is the second case that jessica posted. that looks pretty good.
QUOTE Thanks
jessica

I bought the glove, the second case I posted. I am writing a review on it, it is wonderful. I was going to wait to post it though because I want to take photos of it and my powerbook isn't getting here until monday. And I checked out that glove for the screen at Shinza...hahaha if you're looking for me, I'll be the chick that looks like this:

QUOTE Thanks
Billys95

This is the sleeve I use to protect my PB:

Tucano Second Skin

& this is the bag I use to carry it:

Incase Sling

I purchased both from The Apple Store (UK). :headphone
QUOTE Thanks
edgefusion

edgefusion will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram

If I had a Powerbook I would go for something like this:

Acme Made

QUOTE Thanks
sebeck

I use this one. It's made of a ballistic nylon weave and it's very tough. I travel all over the world so I need something that will take some abuse. The website is http://www.booqbags.com/

QUOTE Thanks
zakatov

I've been using this to carry my 12in ibook to college for 2 years now, highly recommended!

http://www.targus.com/us/product_details.asp?sku=TBS601
QUOTE Thanks
EricPhilbin

www.foofbag.com , and for ipods: foofpods
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MP3 Tag Editor | Cant delete files... »