New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Mac Shortcuts!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Dookie

Ok! This is ticking me off. I accidently deleted the network shortcut in the finder window, the one right above the Macintosh HD on the left side. I was trying to get it back and also ended up deleting the shortcut from the system preferences window on the top. Now I have no clue of wth to do to get it back. Can someone help me out cause it's really getting on my nerves just trying to get the shortcuts back!
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dookie
Ok! This is ticking me off. I accidently deleted the network shortcut in the finder window, the one right above the Macintosh HD on the left side. I was trying to get it back and also ended up deleting the shortcut from the system preferences window on the top. Now I have no clue of wth to do to get it back. Can someone help me out cause it's really getting on my nerves just trying to get the shortcuts back!
Go > Computer

It should be right there.
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

as for in system preferences, click show all, under 'Internet & Network' section is the network system preference, just drag it back to the top of system preferences where it was before.
QUOTE Thanks
Dookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by technologist
Go > Computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by technologist
Go > Computer

Alright, but do you know how I can get the shortcut back into the finder column above the Macintosh HD? Where the shortcut normally was before it got deleted?

The system preferences one is now fixed. Thnx Macman.
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dookie
Alright, but do you know how I can get the shortcut back into the finder column above the Macintosh HD? Where the shortcut normally was before it got deleted?
Position your mouse pointer over the icon, press and hold down the button, move the mouse pointer over the destination location, and release the mouse button.
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

in the finder, click Finder>Preferences>Sidebar> put a check next to network. wait, do you mean the toolbar on top, or the sidebar? that was for the sidebar, for the toolbar, in the finder, click Go>Computer, in the window that comes up, network should be there, drag and drop the network icon into the top bar. thats it.
QUOTE Thanks
Dookie

Thnx Macman. Side bar is now fixed. But there's a qeustionmark on my tool bar and everytime I click on it, it says item cannot be found. Do you know how I can remove the qeustionmark? Sorry for all these noobish qeustions.
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

thats something you deleted in the system or something. was it an app or folder?
when you ddelete something that has an alias in the dock, sidebar, or toolbar, it leaves a ? where the alias was.
QUOTE Thanks
Dookie

It was the network icon in the computer's folder. I accidently placed it there while trying to fix the sidebar problem but for some reason it never appeared till I restarted my comp. All that showed was a qeustion mark. Does that make any sense?
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Yes. These kind of things sometimes don't load properly until you restart or log out.

You'll notice similar behaviour if you change icons for apps or folders - sometimes the icons in the toolbar or sidebar aren't updated until you log out and back in again.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« dock question | Powerbook G4 15" VS 17" »